Compactalite Porch - Good Or Bad ???

maxiboy

Hi

Having looked around for a porch awning i quite liked the COMPACTALITE one as it was tunnel shaped, fairly large and even came with storm straps. I then found this report on a Practical caravan forum and it has given me somes doubts.

Quote . .... WE BOUGHT THE COMPACTALITE AWNING AND AFTER ONLY TWICE USING IT IT RIPPED ALL ALONG THE TOP WHERE THE AWNING RAIL IS AND THEN DOWN THE LEFT HAND SIDE. THE WIND WAS BLOWING BUT NOT TO MUCH. IT SEEMS THIS AWNING CAN,T TAKE ANY WIND AT ALL NO MATTER HOW SLIGHT. WHILE ON SITE WE SAW THREE MORE COMPACTALITE AWNINGS DO THE SAME IN THE WIND. WE SPOKE TO THE OWNERS AND EACH ONE TOLD US THEIR,S HAD RIPPED AS WELL. i WOULDN,T HAVE ONE GIVEN ME NOW. WE TOOK OURS BACK AND GOT A COMPLETE REFUND ON IT. [

Can anyone endorse this or have they just been unlucky ??? :huh: :huh:

Thanks

Maxii

We've had a compact lite for around a year now, had no problems with it and it has been up in some fairly strong winds. Probably used it ~ 20-times, about 15 minutes to put it up and <10mins to put away.

I don't always put all the guys out but there have been a couple times when the wind strength has increased and it has flapped about a fair bit, putting the rest of the guy lines out quietened it back down.

Paul

We also have one which we've used several times with no problems, as has already been mentioned it's quick to put up and down and when packed up small enough to fit in one of the under seat storage areas in the side dinette on our caravan.

Maybe there's been a bad batch? But we've not had any problems with ours.

Jog