Windward 540 Dealer Special

ccannon

Hello all,

Firstly I would like to say what a great site this is.

Well after 2 years of looking, nearly buying, thinking of lots of reasons not to buy etc we have finally ordered our first caravan.

We have ordered a Windward dealer special from Nene Court Caravans and can't wait till April when we should be able to pick it up.

We have gone for the 540 which is the 6 berth fixed bunk model.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this model.

We have always liked the 6 berth model (there are only four of us) because it seems to give the appearance of lots of space.

Anyway any comnments would be gratefully appreciated and also any tips as we are new to this.

Thanks alot - a very excited Cannon family!

Hello all,

Firstly I would like to say what a great site this is.

Well after 2 years of looking, nearly buying, thinking of lots of reasons not to buy etc we have finally ordered our first caravan.

We have ordered a Windward dealer special from Nene Court Caravans and can't wait till April when we should be able to pick it up.

We have gone for the 540 which is the 6 berth fixed bunk model.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this model.

We have always liked the 6 berth model (there are only four of us) because it seems to give the appearance of lots of space.

Anyway any comnments would be gratefully appreciated and also any tips as we are new to this.

Thanks alot - a very excited Cannon family!

52540[/snapback]

Hi and welcome to the site,

You won't regret caravanning fun for all. :D

I'm sure more feedback regarding your new toy (540) will be added soon, in the meantime for more information on the handover/pick -up of you new van please use this link http://www. caravantalk. org. uk/forums/index. ..364&hl=handover

Feel free to ask any questions, all members are a friendly bunch and are happy to help.

regards

Dave ;)

We have this model - also from Nene Court - purchased in July last year.

We only got to use it a couple of times - due to a very busy 2nd half of the year - but had no problems. At the time we had 2 kids (5 & 3) both loved the rear bunks. For the new year we have a baby to take as well - so should be an experience - we've booked 30+ nights for this year all ready (inc 24 days in France with 2 holidays).

Layout, finish etc have all been problem free for us and Nene Court were really great - loads of freebies, good deal on an awning and a discount.

You won't be dissappointed.

If you have any specific questions we'd be happy to help.

Ian

Craig

Another Nenecourt fan I see. We have purchased our last two vans from them. I think the Windward is a fairly new introduction as I don't remember seeing them when we ordered the Topaz, October 2003, although delivery was not until April 2004. I am sure we would have considered one carefully when we traded in our previous Europa 460.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

All,

Thanks for the replies. With regards to Nene Court we went to a few dealerships and always came away feeling that we where not that important to them. Nene Court have always been helpful and although it took us about five vists to finally put an order in they never treated us as if we where just "tyre kickers".

The deal they gave us as well seemed very good in comparison to other dealerships. The other good thing is that we are in Newport Pagnell and so it's only a 30 minute drive to them for servicing etc.

Anyway we have booked two outings in May to local(ish) sites and we can't wait to get the van. Our house and garage are filling up with all the essentials so by the time we get it we should be ready to go but sods law says we will forget something!

Many thanks again for the replies.

All,

Thanks for the replies.   With regards to Nene Court we went to a few dealerships and always came away feeling that we where not that important to them.   Nene Court have always been helpful and although it took us about five vists to finally put an order in they never treated us as if we where just "tyre kickers".

The deal they gave us as well seemed very good in comparison to other dealerships.   The other good thing is that we are in Newport Pagnell and so it's only a 30 minute drive to them for servicing etc.

Anyway we have booked two outings in May to local(ish) sites and we can't wait to get the van.   Our house and garage are filling up with all the essentials so by the time we get it we should be ready to go but sods law says we will forget something!

Many thanks again for the replies.

52971[/snapback]

One thing I would suggest is (if you don't plan on storing it at home) that you look for a decent storage area now - you could find you struggle to get a place if you leave it until you have the van.

• 2 months later...

Just been over to Nene Court and we have finaly been given a date t opick our new van up!

It should be ready for us to collect on Friday 28th April - just in time for us to take to Bo-Peep (nearest site to us to ensure we can come back if we forget anything).

We have to have our van soon as I have now run out of space for all the stuff we have been buying for the last three months.

Very excited now! :D

Nice site Bo-peep farm

Nice dealer Nene Court. - just 6 miles down the road. ..

Nice van the Windward

They are the dealer specials of the Sterling Europa range . . they have been dealers for years with the Stirling range and know them inside out. .

Have a smashing time with your new holiday maker. ..

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

• 2 months later...

Well just a quick update - we will be picking up our new van tomorrow (Thursday).

It seems a long time since we ordered it in January and we are all very excited.

We are going to Lincoln farm park on Friday to test everything out. Bit worried about towing for the first time but I am sure after all the excellent advice on this site we should be OK.

Anyway we will let you know how it goes.

We saw these at Camping International in Horsham at the weekend, we like Sterlings anyway, and we thought it must be the dealer special as we had never heard of the model!