On Board Tank

Alan

I keep reading about people having trouble with the onboard tank leaking and/or overflowing.

I have not suffered from this problem, but I thought that it would be nice to look at the tank and its attachments.

At the rear of the van, alongside the toilet, there is a nice piece of 'cabinet work', similar to what you might fine covering the pipes in a domestic bathroom. Most of the panels appear to be connected to each other with hinges.

I can find no way of proceeding further; there no handles, openings or any sign of the possibility of opening these covers.

As I say, at the moment it is no big deal, but I am the man who spent two days trying to find the loo header tank filler; in one sentence, of all the bumf I received with the 'van, there was a hint that the flush came from the main water supply.

I have commented about problems with the on board tank in the Lunar Delta caravans and this has always been from the actual tank rather than from the pipes connecting it to the rest of the water system. In both of our Delta's the tank is located in the rear wardrobe and is virtually impossible to get to (unless you can twist your body 180 degress whilst standing on your head in a very dark place). The 'cabinet work' you refer to (I think) is the pipes leading to the main water system and we did not experience any problems what so ever from these.

I understand that the problem with the Inboard tank is due to the tank actually being a two piece unit and it often leaks at the join. Also because of the very 'fiddly' location of the tank, I understand that sometimes it is difficult for the service departments to ensure that the pipes are fully connected to the unit (which is one of the problems we had).

Thank fully this onboard tank is only used in the Deltas and we have now had our fingers burned twice with these. We have moved to the Lexon and are more than happy with the van (so far)!

• 2 years later...
. ...... In both of our Delta's the tank is located in the rear wardrobe and is virtually impossible to get to (unless you can twist your body 180 degress whilst standing on your head in a very dark place). . .....

I agree. The drain is in a really accessable spot! NOT! Especially when SWMBO has filled the bottom of the wardrobe with all kinds of stuff that never gets used. :rolleyes:

Lunar Delta 520/2 towed by Omega 3. 0 Elite

On our Delta 640 the tank is under the fixed bed and easy to get to, what is a real pain is trying to get to the drain cock as it is on the floor in front of the tank and you have to stretch right in to reach it. Currently trying to devise an easier way of draining the tank and am wondering if there may be a 12volt motorised drain that I can fit.

Hi everybody .

Being new to this caravaning thing not quite sure what you mean by onboard tank ?.

As i have said in my earier posts i have a lunar Astara 524(2002 model) does my van have an onboard tank ?.

Is it the hot water tank under the front seat or is it some were else ?, If it is this one are you surposed to drain it every time you come of site or is it ok to leave ?.

Thanks. :huh:

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya! I have only just seen your post - sorry about that. An onboard tank is a tank inside the caravan; you pump water into it from an Aquaroll. On the Lunar 520/2 it contains about 60 litres,and yes, you must drain it every time that you tow the 'van. I have forgotten on a couple of occasions and the 'van rock and rolls until I pull into a layby and open the drain cock.