Yes, It Will Be Telling, But Which Site Are You Looking Forward To Visiting This Year?

Weather permitting, we're heading to Glenmore near Aviemore next weekend.

Next trip booked is in Ross Park site in Devon at the end of July beginning of August.

Been to both before. Views are stunning at Glenmore, but Ross Park is a beautiful site with excellent facilities. Can't wait :-)

Groover xxx

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lestaubière in the Dordogne in France. I was there with a trailer-tent last year, looking forward to returning with the caravan this year.

Nice site and lovely owners, we have been for the past 3 years, though this year we are going to Chateau Du Gibanel. .....

Volvo XC60 & Hobby Premium 540efu

Booked 2 weeks at bingham grange in dorset in July

Full sevice pitch on what we are told is a great site.

Also booked at least 12 days of that to be sunny.

Rest of the season will be spent on our season pitch in East Yorks

Roll on the better weather!!!

Danny

Ross Park in three weeks time for 7 days, Battle CC site for two weeks in July and lots of weekends to Hillhead and Lakeside inbetween! :D

'63 plate, Panther Black Ford Kuga, Sony DAB Navigation + Camera, Appearance Pack, Convenience Pack, Detatchable Tow Bar towing a 2011 Bailey Unicorn Valencia

Looking forward to spend a few days back to basics at Altnaharra, (formerly Grummore) Caravan Club site in August for our tour of the highlands. No EHU or toilet block on this site.

<p>2007 Sterling Cruach Cuillin & 2016 Volvo XC60 SE D4 190

Another one booked for Old Oaks in June. Also looking forward to the Brecon Beacons, (used to be Brynich), in August. It will be interesting to see what upgrades the CC have made to it after I've used it for the last 20 years.

Had a letter from the C C this morning. Upgrades to the Brecon Beacons site are now not starting until the end of September due to planning permission problems. Still, I've used it for 20+ years in its present condition, and prices are staying at 2012 levels, saved us a few quid!!

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

Just booked a CL near Leominster for May. As it will be our fist chance out this I'm really looking forward to it.

*edit: I forgot to add the name of the site! :rolleyes: It's Rowley Farm *

Great site! One mile from daughter in law, so I use it often

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Had a letter from the C C this morning. Upgrades to the Brecon Beacons site are now not starting until the end of September due to planning permission problems. Still, I've used it for 20+ years in its present condition, and prices are staying at 2012 levels, saved us a few quid!!

CC website is stating only 16 hard standings available - have they taken part of the site out of service, as there are usually a lot more than this? I actually thought the site opening was being delayed until August but obviously this isn't the case. Planning issues doesn't surprise me, as there's a commercial site not too far along the road that's been fighting the authorities for years!

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2017 Coachman Pastiche 565.

CC website is stating only 16 hard standings available - have they taken part of the site out of service, as there are usually a lot more than this? I actually thought the site opening was being delayed until August but obviously this isn't the case. Planning issues doesn't surprise me, as there's a commercial site not too far along the road that's been fighting the authorities for years!

I phoned them (CC) today and they confirmed that work will not be starting until the end of September 2013. Not sure if anything has been taken out of service, as she said that they'd only just had an email about it at the booking line. We've booked for a serviced pitch and she says that these should all be ok. Try again in a few days as the letter says that they have have taken the decision to stop any works from commencing in the early part of this year, so maybe the whole site will be open as usual. I assume that the commercial site you mention is Bishops Meadow?

Regards, Mike

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

Start of our season, Browns Caravan Site, Cayton Bay Scarborough, 22nd March for five nights, love this site!! and celebrating the missus` birthday on the Sunday while we are there. .......happy days. :D

Current Caravan : Compass Rallye 530/4

Towing Vehicle : 2008 Ford Mondeo 2. 0TDCI

Stowford Farm Meadows in June, anyone been?

This site is just half an hour away from us! We have stayed a couple of times but only for the hand over process when we purchased our caravans. Big site with a swimming pool, shop and a bar/restaurant(food was lovely) shower block we used was superb. The only downside we found was that a lot of the pitches were on a large sloping field.

'63 plate, Panther Black Ford Kuga, Sony DAB Navigation + Camera, Appearance Pack, Convenience Pack, Detatchable Tow Bar towing a 2011 Bailey Unicorn Valencia

Leaving Sunday 17th for Chapel Lane, Brum, got tickets for the Caravan & Camping show at NEC. I wasn't prepared to pay £30 a night on a Bl****y carpark. at the NEC, and there is lovely Fish and Chip shop near the Chapel lane site. Next the Mayday Bank Holiday at the Practical Caravan Readers rally at Stowford farm Meadows. North devon.

First trip with the caravan to France in June, part of our 3 weeks is at a C&CC rally (another first) at Pin du Parasol. Really looking forward to it. Hope to be following the sun for other breaks now we've retired. :)

Citroen C Crosser Exclusive 2. 2 HDI 57 plate tows 2011 Bailey Unicorn Valencia

Visiting France between Nancy and Annecy. Nothing reserved, so cannot say which sites and will decide at the time.

John.

Camping de l'Ile, near Baume les Dames is a great site, Friendly owners, beautiful position by a trout stream, love it last year. bit of road noise but never bothered us.

Landrover Freelander 2 towing a Bailey Pegasus IV verona

Camping de l'Ile, near Baume les Dames is a great site, Friendly owners, beautiful position by a trout stream, love it last year. bit of road noise but never bothered us.

Thanks for the recommendation.

John.

Well so far, CC Grassington in for the first trip of the year, then hopefully 'The Quiet Site' in the Lakes District for the next, then 'Rivendale' in the southern Peak District, Then 'La Pergola', Jura, France, then. ....?

Oh And' Les Verguettes', Provence, France My favourite location. Yes, two hols in france this year.

Never been to Grassington before so don't know what it's like. Love all the other sites for various reasons. La Pergola not my choice. ...but how can you resist visiting your Grandchildren on holiday!

Autotrail Tracker FB motorhome on Fiat Ducato chassis

Fforest Fields - by far our favourite site and our 5th Whitsun holiday here :)

Adrian & Ruby

Follow our adventures at www. thewalkingdog. co. uk  and Facebook

After my relatively lame suggestion of the CC site at Chatsworth house, we are looking at going to St Tropez with some friends later in the year, now I am really looking forward to that.

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

Thorpe Woodlands - Thetford Forest near Thetford Norfolk- I am about to book for a break there in May & even better C/Cmembers are getting emails with a 25% off a booking for anytime in the year as long as they book before the end of February.

I had one of those lovely weather weeks there in June last year { which makes all the difference when the sun shines] plenty to see & do around that area