Sign in to follow this  
Ich

Exposure Puzzle!

Michael Tapes Whibal here. Anyone who used Rawshooter Pro will, no doubt, remember him.

I can concur with the reason you are puzzled As the converter has no iris and all the lens connections are just wired straight through the converter then in theory the TTL meter in the camera will measure the actual light reaching the sensor with the converter attached and set the aperture/shutter speed accordingly. The only thing that can in theory affect this to give a wrong exposure is control of the aperture. Have looked on my photoanswers site and found nothing like you are experiencing.

I know when I wanted to buy a Sigma 50-500 (many years ago when I had money :D )

I found one but was warned that it had an internal chip that would not be compatible.

I wonder if your Tamron is "chipped" ?

attachicon.gifDSC_0322 (800x485) (600 x 364).jpg

I use one of these as well as a grey card but I am still working out how to use it properly.

As in the days of slide film, you could change brands to alter the characteristics

for the type of shot you wanted, blues, warmer colours, plasticky reds.

Now you go into the depths of your cameras menu and alter colours to suit yourself.

Have a look at these letters http://forums. dpreview. com/forums/post/41874232

Mind you if your monitor and printer are not calibrated you may be wasting your time

I can concur with the reason you are puzzled As the converter has no iris and all the lens connections are just wired straight through the converter then in theory the TTL meter in the camera will measure the actual light reaching the sensor with the converter attached and set the aperture/shutter speed accordingly. The only thing that can in theory affect this to give a wrong exposure is control of the aperture. Have looked on my photoanswers site and found nothing like you are experiencing.

I wonder if the white balance is set correctly?

Edited by gumdrop

I wonder if your Tamron is "chipped" ?

The lens on it's own is fine and behaves perfectly, it's just when I add the teleconvertor that thigs go wrong!

Having played a bit more both lenses (the Tamron & the Sigma) won't go any lower than F11 with the teleconvertor.

As I say I rarely use it so I can cope now I know about it

Now sorted. This is the effect 200mm & x2

BA flight from LA to Heathrow, aircraft Boeing 747-400 G-CIVV at 39,000ft

Clipped a bit so it is a bit grainey

IMG_69022_zpsf3b12633.jpg

Original

IMG_69021_zpsb8f95693.jpg

Edited by Ich

Phew glad thats sorted :D

Sign in to follow this