Family Benefits 5. 40% 0%

Health/Sickness 13. 10% 0. 75%

Social Charges (CSG/CRDS etc) 0% 8%

Accident at Work 3% 0%

Unemployment Benefit 4. 40% 2. 40%

Main Pension 9. 90% 6. 75%

Complementary Pension 16. 45% 11%

Total (say) 52% 29%

Whilst a top up is not compulsory or essential it is the only way to cover the balance of fees and charges that are not covered 100% by social security .

As I'm neither an employer or employee but an early retired ex-pat I affiliate to CPAM via the CMU as below. ..I'm not sure but I think when my wife reaches the French retirement age we become exempt. .

Financial Contribution to CMU

For those registering with CPAM by virtue of CMU legislation there is a contribution to be made over and above a standard threshold. . The threshold is €9614. and is PER HOUSEHOLD not per person. Above this amount 8% of the excess is payable.

Annual Income (less allowances) 13614 €

Less threshold 9614 = 4000

Annual Contibution 8% of €4000 = €320 (Payable in 4 quarterly payments of €80).

use

ICE best rate we have found and delivery in 24 hours, excellent service

Les

Went for it today and changed sad £ 2. 500 for even sadder euros got 113. 5 which equate to euro worth 85p, now I can get on with my two month trip to Spain with out worrying about the exchange rates .

Went for it today and changed sad £ 2. 500 for even sadder euros got 113. 5 which equate to euro worth 85p, now I can get on with my two month trip to Spain with out worrying about the exchange rates .

I just wondered with all the commotion going on in Cyprus that the pound might go up in relation to the Euro?

David

I just wondered with all the commotion going on in Cyprus that the pound might go up in relation to the Euro?

David

It has gone up a little today but only by 1 cent.

Brian

I bought half my intended currency requirements at 1. 15 last month. ...but am delaying the second half till just before we leave. Hedging bets.

Got my euros looking forward to my two months away in Spain, nice to be a caravanner now, not a currency speculator, , life is too short to lie awake worrying about the rate now I have bought them.