Sign in to follow this  
Guest jks

Euro Exchange Rate Not Looking Good For The Summer

This can be a problem as it is not really obvious. .

In posting this I removed part of your post but back tracked too far which then removed the "double grey lines" of the quote box. This then needs the quote and /quote to be re-inserted at the start and finish.

It's only this site (of those that I use) has this arrangement.

I probably get this wrong because I am posting from my phone, I don't think the boxes look quite the same. See if this posting is in the right place

Spot on Scimitar. :D

Guest jks

Not good news Brian.

I knew I should have done something earlier.

Yes as I mentioned previously Dave is deliberately weakening the £ to make the UK more competative.

Did you see the Indian spokesmans comments on the UK leaving the European market-this will not help-or if you are Dave-it will.

This weakening of the £ is a standard economic measure in British economics.

Hard on us that want some reliable weather though.

I have not changed my opinion that the £ will continue its downward path.

Just looked at the bond rates makes good reading for Dave

UK 2. 2 Germany 1. 64 France 2. 6 even basket case Italy is down to 4. 39.

Mind you our govt borrowing is still costing us 25% [roughly] more than Germany.

Yes as I mentioned previously Dave is deliberately weakening the £ to make the UK more competative.

Did you see the Indian spokesmans comments on the UK leaving the European market-this will not help-or if you are Dave-it will.

This weakening of the £ is a standard economic measure in British economics.

Hard on us that want some reliable weather though.

I have not changed my opinion that the £ will continue its downward path.

Just looked at the bond rates makes good reading for Dave

UK 2. 2 Germany 1. 64 France 2. 6 even basket case Italy is down to 4. 39.

Mind you our govt borrowing is still costing us 25% [roughly] more than Germany.

Trouble is virtually every other major currency is trying to devalue so I am not sure where it will all end up. Strangely even France has voiced concerns that the Euro is too high.

David

crashed to 1. 14 today thanks to B O E voting for more quantitative easing ( Printing more money to give to our beloved banks to be used to prop them up and pay them selves Millions in bonuses ) . We need a revolution or at least give UKIP a go.

crashed to 1. 14 today thanks to B O E voting for more quantitative easing ( Printing more money to give to our beloved banks to be used to prop them up and pay them selves Millions in bonuses ) . We need a revolution or at least give UKIP a go.

Visa showing 1. 16347 at this moment. It was at 1. 05 on 1st Jan 2009 and who was in power then?

How do you think UKIP could do any better even if they could gain enough seats in the European or U. K. parliaments to have any effect on international markets?

UKIP

As I have said before UKIP a one trick pony.

Number of MPs in parliament---------NIL

They are rarer than giant pandas in Scotland!

Even the tory party has one MP in Scotland------- one less than the two giant pandas!

Guest jks

The by-election could prove interesting at Eastleigh!

Didn't they vote not to do any more quantitative easing at the moment by 6 to 3 votes.

Visa showing 1. 16347 at this moment. It was at 1. 05 on 1st Jan 2009 and who was in power then?

How do you think UKIP could do any better even if they could gain enough seats in the European or U. K. parliaments to have any effect on international markets?

1. 14 is all I can see on the net, There is so much apathy with the electorate with the present, we need a party that has the interest of British voters as there core value UKIP would seem to be only party seem to be offering that, watch this space !

Don't have any idea what you are reading (tea leaves ?? ) but the BOE actually voted AGAINST more QE today . ... :)

http://www. bbc. co. uk/news/business-21518538

But never let the truth get in the way of a UKIP story . . eh ?? :):)

Edited by Entwood

Don't have any idea what you are reading (tea leaves ?? ) but the BOE actually voted AGAINST more QE today . ... :)

http://www. bbc. co. uk/news/business-21518538

But never let the truth get in the way of a UKIP story . . eh ?? :):)

Yes but I think the issue is that they actually discussed it, and now the markets have moved because they expect it to happen in the near future. . Its all about expectation. ..

moulin 87

You have got that right.

Prepare for a shedload more of quantitative easing.

As said before its a double hit-devaues the £---keeps holiday makers spending at home---brings in tourism income---makes UK goods/services more competative.

Watch out for cost push inflation though.

Will it be wage push or imported raw materials goods and services----all classic text book stuff.

moulin 87

You have got that right.

Prepare for a shedload more of quantitative easing.

As said before its a double hit-devaues the £---keeps holiday makers spending at home---brings in tourism income---makes UK goods/services more competative.

Watch out for cost push inflation though.

Will it be wage push or imported raw materials goods and services----all classic text book stuff.

Hi Ancell. Have PMd you. A matter of interest!

Didn't they vote not to do any more quantitative easing at the moment by 6 to 3 votes.

Sorry did get it wrong, I assume the spivs and scum who adjusted the libor rate to make millions are forcing the pound down for their own self interest. even though the QE vote was defeated

B of E is looking at another £25 billion of QE so the Pound will drop again. Unfortunately apart from burning every banker i do not have an answer.

Scum and spivis forcing the price down.

Ahhhhhhhhhh you mean the punters bank rolling tthe tory party and UKIP the currency speculators IE The City of London--who would sell their granny for a one off bonus.

These frausters[lIBOR} are the darlings of Boris and Dave--in fairness--Tony and Gordon loved them to.

I see I was spot on on the quantitative easing front-no I did not hear it on the news- I posted before it was announced.

The pound is its lowest against the Euro at moment. ........for a long long time. ................€€€€€€€€€€€€€€!!

geoff

Our exporters had better make the best of it. .........otherwise I will be VERY annoyed.

Guest jks

Our exporters had better make the best of it. .........otherwise I will be VERY annoyed.

:goodpost:

That is always assuming we have managed to make anything we can export (excluding of course all the stuff foreign companies make here!)

Can't think when I last read such reactionary views. Hope all caravanners don' think like that.

The £ v $ v € situation can change almost overnight so reactions from 'exporters' can hardly be fitted into such a time frame and as such is not really worth a mention here. ......I speak as someone who exported millions of tonnes of UK product and a similar amount of imports to make these products. .........

geoff