Sign in to follow this  
Wozerp

Fitted Bedding For Fixed Bunks Anyone?

Hi All,

I'm thinking about getting some fittted bedding - mattress protector / fitted sheet / duvet that's sized specifically for fixed single bunks and doing away with sleeping bags for my two daughters.

The cost appears to be very roughly in the ball park of a Duvalay depending where you go, but I think the duvet would be a better fit for the fixed bunks.

Anyone else use this method of bedding? Pros / cons greatly appreciated.

Wozerp

We bought the narrowest mattress covers we could find. Then
extra narrow fitted sheets – I think they are 2’3” in old money. Nancy sewed strips of Velcro
on the sheets; three each side so that we could pull them tight. It works a
treat.

I don’t know what you mean by duvets sized specifically for
the bunks. We use standard single duvets on our bunks which are 2’ wide.

Alan

We bought the narrowest mattress covers we could find. Then

extra narrow fitted sheets – I think they are 2’3” in old money. Nancy sewed strips of Velcro

on the sheets; three each side so that we could pull them tight. It works a

treat.

I don’t know what you mean by duvets sized specifically for

the bunks. We use standard single duvets on our bunks which are 2’ wide.

Alan

Cheers Alan,

I found a couple of suppliers of bespoke bedding - www. shipshapebedding. co. uk and www. jonic-uk. co. uk that supply bedding specifically for fixed bunks / beds in leasure vehicles and boats etc.

Just really looking to bed time as hasssle free as possible really, Just got our new van with fixed bunks and wondered if that was the way to go. Shipshape seems a lot more expensive than the others, but I'm sure there are more out there.

Carl

I've used Jonic and got excellent product and service. I have a twin bunk Cadiz and they knew measurements when I contacted them. Only problem is they don't do white!

We use normal single bed sheets,and a single season 2-3 sleeping bag unzip all use as duvet or zip up depending on weather best of both worlds

We recently bought fitted sheets for our twin bedded Avante from Cosy Caravan (one of the forum contributors). There are plenty of options available on their website. Not sure if there is a members discount, as I couldn't find a link from the forum?

http://cosycaravan. co. uk/

We use standard size protectors with a Jonic fitted cover which holds it all in place.

Mrs G then got a Jonic duvet (as its the correct size and not too much overhang) and some standard devet covers and cut them to size and used the off cut as a flap to tuck under the matress so they work like a duvelay (which we have for the front) without the price tag.

Works very well for us as the duvets dont end up on the floor and arnt as restrictive as sleeping bags.

Mike

Hi.

We use standard single bed size protectors, sheets, duvets and sets.

The protectors and sheets all fit the mattresses well once any excess material is folded tidily under the mattress and the single size duvet is just right to tuck the kids in nicely on those cool nights.

I wouldn't go to any expense for something bespoke, but would highly recommend duvets over sleeping bags, for a snug home like feeling. Plus as they grow up, you can easily buy new duvet sets as they grow out of princesses and move on to the latest boy band. (not that I would allow boy band duvet sets in our van :o )

Alex.

We just use mattress protector for the youngest and theyboth have snuggle sacks and sleeping bags. Obviously they both have the latest cartoon character on etc !!

We got ours from Jonic too, well worth the money and good quality, we bought, bunk and double mattress protectors (they are really thick), we also bought fitted sheets for the bunks and double beds.

Hello,

thanks to Seaman for the mention. Yes we can custom make fitted sheets, duvets and duvet covers for any size or shape of bed. We fully understand the problems with shaped mattresses, narrow buks, thin mattresses, extra thick mattresses - maybe with a foam topper. .. caravan and motorhome beds can be such trouble to get bedding for.

So, on our website we have a whole range of caravan models where we know the measurements, but don't worry if yours isn't listed just choose one of the 'custom' shapes - then tell us the measurements (e. g. add on foam toppers etc.) - and we'll make to fit perfectly.

No member discount at the moment. ...oh go on then enter the code TALK10 when you check out and receive 10% off your whole order. ..but ssshhh keep it quiet. On second thoughts - tell everyone!!

Thanks

Happy Caravaning!

http://cosycaravan. co. uk

We got protectors fom Jonic (our bunks are different lengths) and standard single sheets which I sewed into fitted sheets (yes me, bloke + sewing machine :-) ). The duvets are also from Jonic but the covers are standard single sewn down the middle to fit the duvet, the extra flap is tucked under the mattress to help stop it all moving about too much at night.

Hi All!

Just a quick message to say thank you to all of our happy customers for the lovely comments and recommendations!

From

The Jonic Team J

www. jonic-uk. co. uk

We have a Swift with 2 single beds, we use standard matress protectors and sheets but use clips from Betterware http://www. betterware. co. uk/grippits-offer-pack. html Using these the sheets stay taught and do not move. Much cheaper that buying sheets made to order