Sign in to follow this  
henrypartridge

" New " C & C C Magazine

Just got latest club mag. It's been revamped, relaunched whatever. Much nicer looking but same content. Wife and I had both finished it in ten minutes, just don't find much of it very interesting. Now in the recycling. I wish they would ofer it as a download, PDF or tablet app maybe.

And someone really should tell the Chairman we don't need his pitch, it's just embarrassing. Old saying, if you've got nowt to say say nowt.

Am I in a minority or does anyone else prefer to get it electronically.

Guest jks

This was a topic and electronic wasn't favoured although I would like it. Haven't had ours yet but agree ends up in the recycling the same day.

I am not a member but have read it in the dentists waiting room.

Can't say I am impresssed,prefer the CC mag personally.

Ian

got ours today, bit of a waaste really, i would much sooner go paperless, only thing i looked at was how ugly that bailey looks on page 58, looks like that front has been stuck on as an afterthought!.

pete

Haven't had mine yet either, but strange to hear its been revamped as I only filled in an on line questionnaire last week basically asking if it should be revamped! A ten minute picture book for me. No interest in the camping side, nor in reviews of Land Rovers and Baileys. Doesn't leave much else really!

I am not a member but have read it in the dentists waiting room.

Can't say I am impresssed,prefer the CC mag personally.

Ian

About a year ago we joined the C&CC in addition to the CC which we have been members of for 30 odd years. The big difference with the C&CC Mag is that there is very little in it about caravanning!! The new Mag does look better but its a pretty short read.

David

Yes mine is still in the plastic yet to be seen, alas it is very pre season so to speak so i wouldn't expect to see much content . And yes i would love to see the publication in an electronic format this would allow funds to be released towards better use within the club, it needs to move with the times or get stuck on the back shelf im not happy with putting it in the recycling bin id rather just save if need be electronically or use the desk top recycle bin .(only my opinion).

Shawn Gemma kids and dog

After over 20 years with both clubs we have decided to stay with the C. C and finish with the C & CC, one of the tie breakers was the rubbish magazine. :( . ..Peter

Guest jks

After over 20 years with both clubs we have decided to stay with the C. C and finish with the C & CC, one of the tie breakers was the rubbish magazine. :( . ..Peter

The CC one isn't my better!

Got mine too . .. ten minutes and its read.

Much prefer the CC magazine.

I'm not talking coercion, just an option to receive it electronically: members could still have a paper one if they want. Would save the club loads so they could keep the subscriptions the same: ha ha just a joke, as if. Better for the environment.

If the clubs offered a discount for non supply of their mag' it would give us the chance to chose, and save the clubs some money. Our mags (both clubs) go into the recycling bin in about 10 minutes. The ratio of advertising space to editorial space is dreadfull, and most of it is adverts for the clubs own services.

If the clubs offered a discount for non supply of their mag' it would give us the chance to chose, and save the clubs some money. Our mags (both clubs) go into the recycling bin in about 10 minutes. The ratio of advertising space to editorial space is dreadfull, and most of it is adverts for the clubs own services.

Quite agree but I assume we are in the minority as they continue to be printed year after year !

We recycle both magazines which we consider a complete waste of trees and money.

Bill

Our C&CC mag (still sealed on its plastic wrapper) is already outside in the recycle bin awaiting collection tomorrow morning. I am sure the C&CC can charge their advertisers more if they have a higher circulation figure, but I really do wish they would not send the mag (rag?) to me.

Call me old fashioned, but I quite like a hard copy rather than electronic. I get trade mags electronically, just not the same. And I quite like the C+CC mag.

lunarloopy: fair comment: I'm not advocating getting rid of the print copy, just giving members a choice. From this straw poll it looks like not many would miss it.

Must say I read it in 5 minutes then into the recycle.

I like the club site guide and the insurance.

Its a rather curious take on caravanners--------

1 caravans are tardis like and can carry 5 tons of must have stuff.

2 caravanners are quite dim spenders and like to spend at least 50% more for everything.

3 caravanners need guidance on how to tie their shoelaces eg tyres should be properly inflated-give me a break

Thinking of the C & CC mag is making me yearn for a strong drink and a bit left over christmas cake-oh well diet manyana.

I took this issue up with the club once and apparently it's all to do with advertising revenue, the club makes money because of the advertising so they are hardly likely to stop it. They said if they did, they would have to put the subscription up :( . Peter

Personally I find the magazine well worth having. An online version only would deprive a lot of owners of information of the clubs activities. Not all members have internet access and if you're on a restricted download limit an online version would be a waste of time.

Containing Out And About information as it does makes it possible to check where events are being held.

The classified sections contain a lot of adverts that you would ignore online and the advertisers would not be keen on that.

Mine goes in the van and is replaced month buy month. This allows for a quick check of Meets and Locations while we are out in the van. Many times we have we discussed the content with friends while on a meet and make plans about future meets we intend to go to. No chance of doing that online if your friends don't have access.

If it's part of my membership fees then so be it.

I on the other hand have no interest in being organised by anyone-ever again-that includes caravanning and all things caravan.

Having spent all my working life in tightly controlled work environments-no not prison-I do not want to join anything.

I am a member of a few clubs and grudgingly obey the rules.

The magazine is of little interest to me

It gives a rather curious view of caravanning based on very expensive-never ending-consumption.

At least thats how it appears to me.

Personally I do prefer a hard-copy so I can flick through a magazine without having to have a computer in front of me. Same applies to books - I'm not a Kindle fan.

Having said that, this particular mag has such little content I wouldn't miss it at all if they stopped producing it.

This time of year there's not a lot for any magazine to report on or go for in a big way. I like the magazine but not sure of the new layout but, having said that I'm not a member for the magazine particularly but the information and articles on rallies and the overseas activity is great and the out and about can be put in the van each month should we wish to meander around the THS's etc, can't do that with a download unless I print it off.

I stress I'm not saying do away with it, just give us the choice to get it online. If you haven't got internet access, then carry on having the paper version.