Sign in to follow this  
MEG55

Sutton On Sea

Information please on Sutton on Sea area. Have you been? What is it like? Is there enough to see and do for a weeks holiday or is it more a weekend location?

Looking at the CC Site, we will be travelling from Thirsk area and would like information on the route please.

Lovely, old fashioned place. Good beach. Nice sheltered area behind beach for when it is windy. Brilliant fish and chips at Waldos. Shopping at the Coop in nearby Mablethorpe which also has the usual selection of slot machines and fairground rides. CC site is a nice site with good facilities.

Would second the above, in particular Waldo's fish & chips. Also Skegness is not far away, and if you are interested in wildlife then a trip to Gibraltar Point, which is just past Skegness is well worth it.

As for the route, i would say A1M, M62, M18, M180. This would take to the route that I have used many times, A18 keeping to the west of Grimsby, then A16 to Louth bypass. Keep on A16 to Ulceby Cross Roads, then take A1104 to Alford. On leaving Alford fork right just before the Windmill onto A1111, keep on this road for approx 6 miles then turn right into Ings Lane (single track with passing places) CC site is on the right about 0. 25 miles after sharp l/h bend.

Thanks. .........Paul

Spent a week there with grandchildren. You have to make allowance for traffic into Skegness if you decide to visit.

Adult only here if you prefer? http://www. cherrytreesite. co. uk/

Its close enough for us to go for the weekend but there's plenty to do, first things first, once set up its got to be Waldo's fish & chips and eat them on Huttoft car terrace watching the waves :)

​There's Gibraltar Point for the wild life or Donna nook to see the seals or maybe just to the seal sanctuary at Mablethorpe

or if you like it busy pop down to Skegvegas

​Our neighbours like the shows at Butlins and stay on their site http://www. butlinssk. ..uring-caravans/

We like CL sites so we use http://www. olcotefarm. co. uk/index. html or if they're full the club site

Like most of that area can be a bit 'draughty' but I used to go there in my days living near Louth. ..old fashioned but nice.

geoff

HI,MEG55. Have you tryed Willow Tree Farm at Sutton on Sea

You park your caravan round the fishing pool,toilets showers and electrics.

Good carp roach perch. Nice friendly owners. Ken & And Ann.

Edited by bingo

You have just bought back lots of happy memories. Used to stay in a static van as a child at Trust Thorpe Hall - Grandparents, Aunties and Uncles, cousins, parents etc. It had a pool etc. It was fantastic. We were always at the beach at Mablethorpe and Sutton-on-Sea. I don't know what it's like now but then - donkey rides, paddling pool, sand castle making, amusement arcade penny slot machines - aaah the memories!

Can I come with you?

I've just had to go and Google and it's still there although I can't tell you what it's like now.

Trusthorpe Springs. .

Mile Lane

Trusthorpe

Mablethorpe

Lincolnshire

LN12 2QQ

Bookings:

Tel: 01507 441333

David Brailsford

Fax: 01507 443334

Tel: 01507 441333

Edited by catterickcaravans

visited there when we stopped at the nearby c&cc site at woodhall spar. .. brill site. good thing about that area is there is loads of other places to visit nearby.

Paul

Would second the above, in particular Waldo's fish & chips. Also Skegness is not far away, and if you are interested in wildlife then a trip to Gibraltar Point, which is just past Skegness is well worth it.

As for the route, i would say A1M, M62, M18, M180. This would take to the route that I have used many times, A18 keeping to the west of Grimsby, then A16 to Louth bypass. Keep on A16 to Ulceby Cross Roads, then take A1104 to Alford. On leaving Alford fork right just before the Windmill onto A1111, keep on this road for approx 6 miles then turn right into Ings Lane (single track with passing places) CC site is on the right about 0. 25 miles after sharp l/h bend.

Thanks. .........Paul

According to the CC Site Directory,it says :-

".............do not turn right into Ings Lane towards A52. Narrow and unsuitable for outfits."

Page 154 of the handbook.

Ian

We like CL sites so we use http://www. olcotefarm. co. uk/index. html or if they're full the club site

Looking now at the CL Olcote Farm, LN13 9RN.

Route A1/M M62 M18 M180 A18 A16 A1104 A1111 THEN B1449.

Any idea if the B1449 is suitable road for Towing the Caravan?

Cheers M

+1 for waldo's, just thinking about them now mmmmmmmmmmmmm

pete

Looking now at the CL Olcote Farm, LN13 9RN.

Route A1/M M62 M18 M180 A18 A16 A1104 A1111 THEN B1449.

Any idea if the B1449 is suitable road for Towing the Caravan?

Cheers M

I use the B1449 then I turn off into the short cut Huttoft Rd/Alford Rd but take your time as there's blind bends

If you use Google Maps and zoom in you can see the road with the little yellow man. ;)

B1449

Alford, Lincolnshire LN13