Sign in to follow this  
grasmere59

Frozen Van!

No. It was a Swift approved workshop, one of the biggest in the area, I think they just can't be bothered to disconnect the pump and make sure it is completely empty

If they are a member of the Approved Workshop scheme please make sure you raise a complaint via link below. ..

http://www. approvedworkshops. co. uk/conciliation/

I've come to the conclusion you're better off with a mobile engineer: you can SEE it is being done properly and as a bonus it's often cheaper. Must be an Approved Workshop to keep the warranty going.

I've come to the conclusion you're better off with a mobile engineer: you can SEE it is being done properly and as a bonus it's often cheaper. Must be an Approved Workshop to keep the warranty going.

Not only does it keep your warranty intact, you can be sure that they are FULLY trained and hold all of the relevant qualifications.

Not only does it keep your warranty intact, you can be sure that they are FULLY trained and hold all of the relevant qualifications.

But as in my case they still forget to do things. As for making a complaint through the workshop scheme, I thought it was only for unresolved complaints. My complaint was resolved, but the fact remains that they still make "mistakes" despite achieving a 95% rating on the approved workshop website.

Steve W

If complaints are regular and not put right then the Approved Workshop will be investigated. If the workshop in question makes mistakes they MUST be told as they may make the same mistake repeatedly.

The 95% rating is by their customers filling in the survey. They must record all of the complaints they get, the assessor will then question the workshop during their review. If any customer is not happy with the outcome please make sure you contact the Approved Workshop manager.

The 95% rating is by their customers filling in the survey. They must record all of the complaints they get, the assessor will then question the workshop during their review. If any customer is not happy with the outcome please make sure you contact the Approved Workshop manager.

I can assure you that I made my complaint very clear and the owner of the the workshop apologised profusely.

Fortunately I found the frozen pump before any damage was done.

An apology is a fat lot of use when you pull on site at 6pm in the Middle of France and fill your caravan

with water due to a cracked pump. Should I really have to check every thing after having the van serviced

or am I asking to much to have the job done properly.

Steve W

Edited by Steve W77

I can assure you that I made my complaint very clear and the owner of the the workshop apologised profusely.

Fortunately I found the frozen pump before any damage was done.

An apology is a fat lot of use when you pull on site at 6pm in the Middle of France and fill your caravan

with water due to a cracked pump. Should I really have to check every thing after having the van serviced

or am I asking to much to have the job done properly.

Steve W

Exactly right!

When I have taken any caravan in for its service (always seems to be the winter period for us) I place a large A4 sign in the kitchen sink which states in big letters "Are water systems drained?" But even then I do not take the service manager's word that it is done, and when I get the van home I check that the drain valves are open, all water taps including the shower left open and in the mid position (mixer taps). I also take the mains water cartidge filter out, if not out already. I then check that the toilet flush system is fully drained down.

The reason I do this is for my own peace of mind and although you might expect your dealer to do this and you pay a considerable sum of money for this, no-one is infallible. It only takes you a few minutes to check and I think t is really your own reponsibility to do so.

Alan

When I have taken any caravan in for its service (always seems to be the winter period for us) I place a large A4 sign in the kitchen sink which states in big letters "Are water systems drained?" But even then I do not take the service manager's word that it is done, and when I get the van home I check that the drain valves are open, all water taps including the shower left open and in the mid position (mixer taps). I also take the mains water cartidge filter out, if not out already. I then check that the toilet flush system is fully drained down.

The reason I do this is for my own peace of mind and although you might expect your dealer to do this and you pay a considerable sum of money for this, no-one is infallible. It only takes you a few minutes to check and I think t is really your own reponsibility to do so.

Alan

If I pay someone to do a job, I expect them to do it and do it properly, if they only half do a job, you must ask yourself what else have they half done?

Steve W

Totally agree Steve but I do it for my own peace of mind and to save any potential problems wih all that ensues and after all it only takes a couple of minutes to do doesn't it. What about wheel nut torque on the caravan - do you check these again after you have had a service, I certainly do and my dealer has both the fitter and service manager to say that these have been checked.

Alan