Warm Air Heating

Gareth

Hi all,

I,ve just tried the heating on our new van ( Adria Adora 352up ) on the warm air system I have one vent that blows hot and another that blows cold I have checked and they are both connected to the heating system.

Gareth. :blink:

Hi all,

I,ve just tried the heating on our new van ( Adria Adora 352up ) on the warm air system I have one vent that blows hot  and another that blows cold I have checked and they are both connected to the heating system.

5002[/snapback]

You sometimes have to wait some time for all the vents to blow warm air - it takes a while for the air to circulate as far as the furthest vent

Margaret

Margaret

I don't do technical !!!

Just me and my showdogs!!

Some manufacturers also take the "hot" air ducting under the caravan floor to cross the entrance door and the insulation on this section is not always a s good as it could be. If the cold outlet could be fed in this way, turn the heater on full for half an hour or so and see if there is any improvement. If so try to increase the insulation of the exposed section of ducting with waterproof pipe lagging.

It may also simply be that the length to the cold outlet is just too far for the heater to cope with.

Best of luck,

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Hi Gareth,

What you need to do is to adjust the flap in each of the vents to try and get an equal amount of airflow out of each vent. It is fairly easy to do, if your van is anything like mine the bathroom will be the nearest to the fire so will get the greatest airflow so you need to shut that one down to almost fully closed and thus the further away from the fire you are the less airflow you get so those vents need to be more open,

HTH

Phil

I have had the same problem with my Elddis. I have re-routed the pipework and it works 300% better, the shortest pipe went to the toilet the longest runs (front & back) were joined together. :(

Now the front ducting pipe goes direct to the fire, the back ducting pipe is direct to the fire, with the toilet ducting joining it at a 90% angle. :)

It has improved the heating in the caravan tremendously, (and you don't get blown off of the loo) :o

Paul

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Well there you are Gareth. There's a few ideas to be going on with. Let us know how you get on.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Hi all,

I,ve just tried the heating on our new van ( Adria Adora 352up ) on the warm air system I have one vent that blows hot  and another that blows cold I have checked and they are both connected to the heating system.

5002[/snapback]

No idea, straight back to suppliers if under warranty I think :huh: