Bailey Bordeaux 2004

carl

Hi all

I was just wondering if the front bed of the Bordeaux 2004 can be used as 2 singles or are the two seats to small for this. If possible could someone please tell me the length of these seats as all sites talk about it as a made up double.

Thanks for any help :)

Carl.

The handbook for my 2004 Bordeaux says 6'8" x 5'7" as a double.

I can confirm that they are much shorter than 6' as I can't stretch out full length on them. So, I guess they are 5'7" long. The nearside one is a couple of inches shorter as well, so about 5' 4" for that one.

OK as singles for small children perhaps, but not for adults.

hello there.

We too had the same quandry last year. We trawled the Northwest caravan dealerships along with our 2 sons age 12 and 14 and tested the front births out.

It was right boys get ur shoes off and lie down! (5'7" & 5' 11")

I was determined to get a fixed bed model, a girl needs her privacy. this year it'll be me hubby and 2 teenage boys!!! (i hate being out numbered!)

Anyway cut a long story short the answer is YES! We ordered one and collect it in 6 weeks, Yippee!!

Hope this helps!!

Carl - yes thewy are about 5ft 4 and 5ft 6. The one nearest the door is longest. We did exactly same as sunseeker - got the kids to lie down in showroom to make sure they fitted. With one boy and one girl we wanted to avoid shared double and bunks as they get bigger. Bordeaux was best value package. Also condidered fleetwood colchester with 2 fixed single beds at back, but preferred for mum and dad to sleep in style.

I also considered the Auverne and making up the end dinette to double for us - as front area single beds were longer. Fixed bed won in the end though.

Good luck

The thing with the vendee is theres no standing room in the bedroom at all, so you don't really get much privacy i. e. for dressing etc, also the children would iether have to sleep toe to toe, or you'd end up making the double bed up every night!! we got rid of our old van because of making up beds!

Nice spacious lounge for daytimes though if you spend alot of time in your van.

We ordered the bordeaux because nice 'big'bedroom, i can get dressed in peace!

Front couches, well i'm just gonna put a pillow and sleeping bag under in the storage area and let the kids whip 'em out at bed time, job done!

We did pay the extra for the chest of drawers/fold out table at the front/middle so we dont have to keep getting the table out.

Our dealer also dropped the delivery charges.

:rolleyes:

http://www. bailey-caravans. co. uk/pageant/layout. htm