Awning Skirts

mark70

how do awning skirts/wheel covers attach to the van?

4889[/snapback]

Mine slides into the lower awning rail on the van - and over the wheel there are sometimes clips or press-studs to clip the top piece into to keep it in place. The skirt is them pinned down on the grass in the same manner you pin down an awning.

Margaret

Margaret

I don't do technical !!!

Just me and my showdogs!!

If you don't want to drill in to the caravan body a good alternative to press studs is self adhesive velcro pads. My Bradcot came with these as atandard. They get a bit tatty after a while but it's easy to replace them with no damage to the 'van body.

JTS

If you don't want to drill in to the caravan body a good alternative to press studs is self adhesive velcro pads. My Bradcot came with these as atandard. They get a bit tatty after a while but it's easy to replace them with no damage to the 'van body.

JTS

4911[/snapback]

I use rubber suckers which have small bulldog clips attached. Works a treat.

Mlamont

mlamont - where did you get your rubber suckers with bulldog clips ?

Thanks

Sarah

5386[/snapback]

I bought them last year in a small ironmongers in Melrose in the Scottish Borders. After showing me a selection of suckers which were too small, I was flabbergasted when the assistant produced the larger ones with the clips. They are just ideal. A friend has suckers without the clips which he has screwed into the press stud caps. They hold remarkably well albeit not perfect. DIY stores might have something suitable.

Melrose, incidentally, is wonderful. The only "national" names in the town were two banks. All the other businesses were privately-owned. Wonderful butchers, bakers and greengrocers!

Mlamont

how do awning skirts/wheel covers attach to the van?

4889[/snapback]

Almost forgot,

I fasten the cover to the skirt, shove it behind the wheel and fasten it there with some pipe lagging, makes a wind proof fit,

I was sidetrack, still thinking of Scotland, B)

Paul

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

I put an eyelet in each corner of the top of the wheel cover and used plastic suckers with hooks attached to secure through the eyelets to hold the cover in place. Velcro holds the bottom of the cover to the skirt.

The suckers/ hooks I got for Towsure (I think 10 on a card for £1), they are ment for holding towels etc. - it worked for me OK last season.

JONO

:lol:

I put an eyelet in each corner of the top of the wheel cover and used plastic suckers with hooks attached to secure through the eyelets to hold the cover in place. Velcro holds the bottom of the cover to the skirt.

The suckers/ hooks I got for Towsure (I think 10 on a card for £1), they are ment for holding towels etc. - it worked for me OK last season.

JONO

5773[/snapback]

You are so right Jono, i saw the very thing to-day at our local market 10p each,, anyone cant get them mail me i will always post them on with pleasure

Jon

e\mail johnsext1@aol. com