Sign in to follow this  
PBarton

Has Anybody Seen One Yet?

Curiosity more than anything else but has anybody seen a Stealth Caravan whilst on site or travelling?

Nope, Never. ...do they still make em?

Saw one 3 years ago at Plassey but not seen one since.

Mike

I have seen two in the last two years. One was at the Forfar CC site in July (ish) last year

saw one in a storage compound in sunderland. ..mind that nice shiney front was a bit dull and could see every scratch on it . looked totally weired.

Saw one at the caravan show at NEC 3 years ago! No where else

I have seen two in the last two years. One was at the Forfar CC site in July (ish) last year

You must have seen the same one twice! :)

Only seen 1 in 3 years of there existence . the plassey in Wrexham . think it was seasonal

Saw one on site at Beechwood Grange, York, last month.

Al.

I've seen 2 on sites so far, the first one was at a site near Doncaster, the owner had just picked it up from the factory, and was en route to Spain.

The second was on a site just outside Scunthorpe. It was unoccupied for a week, then a Dunster House van appeared one morning and I presume did some work inside, then the foreign owners (complete with foreign number plates picked it up later that day and left.

I wonder if there are more of them abroad than in the UK?

If you look closely at the empty pitches on site, you may see the shadow of one, even if you cannot see the van itself.

Just a thought though. ..the VAT paid on them when new. .....Is that a stealth tax?

:ph34r:

Edited by reluctant

I have seen the first one being towed this year but still not seen one on a site.

If you see one, the owner has forgot to switch the cloaking system on!!

Stealth tax, I like that reluctant!!

He he. Like it Grump :)

There was one on the site we were on at Easter being towed by an old j reg discovery

Haven't seen an Airstream

What is your point

The point is, the Stealth's have been in production since 2009 and appear as rare as hens teeth. They are not priced at an out of reach cost for the average caravanner. So where are they, why has so few people bought them? Like you I haven't seen many Airstreams either. They are a niche market product anyway.

I have seen a few Airstreams but no Stealth so perhaps they live upto their name .

They do blend in better now as they look better ? http://dhcaravans. co. uk/

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

The point is, the Stealth's have been in production since 2009 and appear as rare as hens teeth. They are not priced at an out of reach cost for the average caravanner. So where are they, why has so few people bought them? Like you I haven't seen many Airstreams either. They are a niche market product anyway.

You have answered your own question

They are a niche product not to everyones taste

Perhaps people may like them but don't want to buy one because they are worried what others think

If you see one, the owner has forgot to switch the cloaking system on!!

We saw one going the opposite way to us on a motorway last month - must have been the same one!

Edited by Glen and Les

there is one on a storage site where my neighbour has his van, not sure what model etc, next time he goes up i'll ask him to take a pic, never seen one on the road or on site. the layouts were/are a bit extreme for a lot of people, if we saw one at a dealer i dont think maggie would even look inside!!!!!!!.

pete

They are of a specific taste. I think it was last year at the NEC Caravan Show when they had three on display, roped off so you had to queue. We only looked in two of them because we knew almost straight away they weren't what we wanted.

Seen one last year being towed down the M55 and also one at my storage yard a few months ago, which is also just off the M55 so would not be surprised if it is the same one.