Fiamma Caravanstore

Waiting patiently for our Bailey Senator Indiana (March is a long way away - even if it's delivered on time!).

Looking at 'needs and wants'. Already decided on Powrtouch mover, and now considering Caravanstore Zip. Seems there might be a problem as the awning light on the Indiana is right under the awning rail and we're wondering how the bag will sit - a) whilst on the move, and B) on site - will the bag hide the awning light.

Anyone come across this problem - and is it a problem?

Hi Duncan,

I have a Fiama awning on my 2003 Arizona and the light is 3" to 4" down from the awning rail.

The rolled up awning just rests on the top of the awning light. If the light was any higher I think it would put too much load on the light case and cause damage. Especially when towing, as the awnings are quite heavy and must bounce up and down as you move along.

I think I would have a word with Bailey and see what they have to say on the matter. I expect the side panels are standard but at this early stage in your order they may be able to relocate the light lower over the door. :rolleyes:

Good luck

Bob R

We don't travel with our Fiamma in the rail but if we do I am planning to slide it forward to clear the light - only installing the forward stop at that furthest point and sliding it backwards when we pitch.

ATB

Moose

Mine (4. 40 mtr) just lies against the light when travelling.

At least on the new Bailey the light are flusher.

Need to pin the bag back top the top in use though or you'll only get partial light.

Re Moving you get slider that go in the awning rail and screw tighten into the position you set them at.

Thanks for your replies - it looks as though the answer is to travel without the bag in the rail, and to make sure the bag doesn't cover the light when on site. Simple really!

Bobren55 - I have been in touch with Bailey but '... we do not deviate from standard production. ..' and they recommend I discuss alterations with the dealer. But won't this invalidate the warranty??

Thanks for your replies - it looks as though the answer is to travel without the bag in the rail, and to make sure the bag doesn't cover the light when on site. Simple really!

Bobren55 - I have been in touch with Bailey but '... we do not deviate from standard production. ..' and they recommend I discuss alterations with the dealer. But won't this invalidate the warranty??

49481[/snapback]

We had a '92 Elddis with a Britax awning lamp which sticks out a lot. The Caravanstor rested on this and we never had any problems whatsoever. This has been covered before on this forum and there have been no reports of awning light damage. I even bought a Hella lamp which is almost flush (fitted to some Swift Group 'vans) but couldn't fit it as there was not enough room.

The point about this type of awning is that it stays on the 'van and only takes a couple of minutes to roll out. Fitting it each time defeats the object.

Mike

49481[/snapback]

We have towed around 20000 miles with the fiamma resting on the awning lights of 2 Bordeauxs. There has been no damage whatsoever. I can envisage damage being caused to the inside of the van putting a 4 metre pole inside and travelling with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a caravan store which lives on the van( as you will see I have a series 5 senator) The only problen is the bag does block the light I have overcome this by using some self adhesive velcro which keeps the bag away from the light. I only take mine off when going abroad when I use a sun awning and put the caravan store on the back of the van giving that side some shade and also as a car port.

Colin.