Volvo S80

PAGEANT

I've got it on my V70. I don't think I would consider a car without it in future.

Totally agree. I also have it on my V70. With cruise control, auto gearbox, satnav - and a motor mover on the'van life is now sheer bliss.

Just purchased a volvo s80 for pulling my pageant provence. Ive never owned a car with cruise control, but now I have it. Towing the van using cruise is an absolute breeze.

49251[/snapback]

whwaaaaaaaaaaaaa --- I want one ---- looking for a S80 --- got a 10 year 850 at the moment but want an S80 -- with all the trimmings. .. :)

PS are they better manual or Auto ;)

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

My S80 is a manual, so only probs with cruise control is when I start climbing a steep hill. The revs drop and can't maintain constant speed set on cruise initially. I have to drop down a gear. I gues you don't have to do this in an automatic vehicle with c. control.

Apart from that it pulls my caravan a treat with no swaying at all. The only thing I miss is my turbo which I had on my saab previously, but we cant have everything can we ?

:rolleyes:

Have you got the excellent Dolby Surround Hi Fi system in the car? The best Hi Fi I've ever heard in a car. And great for when you've got a long journey.

49289[/snapback]

Yes wipeout I do have the mobile disco in the s80. I originally set out to buy a v70 but my budget wouldn't stretch. :(

I have the Dolby in my V70 and it's great. Also cruise is used a lot whether towing or solo.

I have a small problem though - mine is in for service next week and the dealer is lending me one of the new 185 horse 400lb/ft D5 6-speed V70s. ....this could be the most expensive service ever (even by Volvo standards)

I have the Dolby in my V70 and it's great. Also cruise is used a lot whether towing or solo.

I have a small problem though - mine is in for service next week and the dealer is lending me one of the new 185 horse 400lb/ft D5 6-speed V70s. ....this could be the most expensive service ever (even by Volvo standards)

49348[/snapback]

Never mind fella, things could be alot worse. They could be lending you a lada.

Look at your face in the rear view mirror and then tell me it wasn't worth it,

;)

49348[/snapback]

Wishful thinking maybe? :)

The 185 BHP D5 has 295lbf/ft torque. The 400 you have quoted is Nm. :blink:

Frank

• 3 weeks later...

Dont forget the S60, the little brother!

Would've liked a V70 (and a diesel) but I'm more than happy with it as a car/towcar. (unless there's mud about!)

Its got the 180bhp on tap. . as a diesel though, it must be tempting!

Cruise is the business, I was showing my 8 year old today on the motorway what it was for, following a "what are all those buttons for on the steering wheel?" :D

Love the Volvo. .The Dolby Sound system is tops!

;)