Anyone Help?

wildrose

:) hi all just to ask if anyone know of any good campsites not to far from nottinghamshire maybe 1 or 2 hours away as i would like to go at the end of jan for a few days to have some time with my kids and hubby as i lost my mum on the 11 december 05 and think i now need a weekend away with just me and hubby any one know any good sites :)

Sorry to hear of your loss.

A site I can recommend is Shardaroba at Sutton-in-Ashfield whilst another is Thorntons at Stragglethorpe. Both are open during the winter.

For a little later in the season you may also like to look at Sherwood Forest Caravan Park just outside Ollerton. Each have their own character, but all are good in their own way.

Regards,

Gorodn.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

:) thank you i have been looking at sherwood forest for the weekend and it does look nice so i will let you know will phone tomorroow for the cost of it and once again thank you  :rolleyes:

48999[/snapback]

November to February the site fee is £11:00 and they can be contacted on 01623 823132 .

Cheers,

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

:) hi all just to ask if anyone know of any good campsites not to far from nottinghamshire maybe 1 or 2 hours away as i would like to go at the end of jan for a few days to have some time with my kids and hubby as i lost my mum on the 11 december 05 and think i now need a weekend away with just me and hubby any one know any good sites :)

48952[/snapback]

Hello Wildrose,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

When we are looking for a short break away we go to the CC site at Clumber Park. It's about 40 minutes away for us. A large site and a good kids play area, so they can find plenty to do! It should give you some peace. Clumber park itself is about 4,800 acres of woodland/parkland, great for walking, cycling, dog walking etc. ....

Regards

Price for Jan1 to 16 March Is £ 4. 30 per adult,£1. 50 per child & £4. 50 per pitch per day. They also offer mid week discounts of 50% for Tue/Wed/Thursday . Great site, we live 15mins away and visit the park regularly.

Hi not sure if it would be too far for you but Bainlands at Woodhall Spa is a excellent little get away site near to Horncastle in Lincs, it seems to always have people on there is a Bistro and small pool along with sauna and spa.

The little Town there is lovely and quaint we were there last Feb and again last Week and we will be going back very very soon.

Take care Briar.

Archived