Peg 2 - Great!

djadria

Despite some small issues appearing regularly here - we had a lovely time in our Peg 2 fora fortnight in Normandy recently!

Everything was ok - and towed allthat way - with no issues!

Even had 2 wheels attached on our return still .

Most comfy van we have ever had. We love the build quality and layout (verona). We have had some warranty issues (not damp) - but sorted out ok - no issues - and we have never had a van off Swift without issues either.

Please keep sandards up Bailey.

PLEASE PLEASE dont ruin this model by putting a silly panoramic front window in - and loosing front locker space! I would hate it! Most Swifts we see with this 'feature' have blinds closed most of time!

DJ

Can also echo the above comments on our month old Pegasus Rimini.

Now on second trip, full set of wheels, no dents, no damp,everything works and tows perfectly. Regards, Colin.

Can also echo the above comments on our month old Pegasus Rimini.

Now on second trip, full set of wheels, no dents, no damp,everything works and tows perfectly. Regards, Colin.

If yours in only a month old then I think they have properly sealed the front. At least they had on the one I looked at the other day. Check the front wall under the gas locker door if it is wet then investigate further. Some of them leak which is where the water got in on mine.

Edited by jks

I'd like to echo the above comments too on our month old Verona.

First trip - 2000 miles return to the South of France.

I did check the wheel nut torque settings every 200 miles or so, pleased to report on every check they were OK.

Caravan towed perfectly. Hope I'm still as pleased in 12 months time.

Regards Derek

Ours is just over a year old now. Had to have some minor issues corrected first service. Nothing to stop us using it though. Like the OPers, we absolutely love the van.

+1 we have used our Rimini a few times, very nice and comfortable. A couple of niggles which we will bring up at the first service. We were also on the factory tour at the weekend. Caravan building is still a manual process, but technology is starting to make an appearance on the production lines. Bailey could do with moving to a larger assembly building, current site smacks of its heritage, ie lots of small buildings and parts moved between. I do not know what their plans are. ....

Checked over our new 2012 Pegagus Bologna today which we are picking up in 2 weeks time - cannot wait!

Trading up from our 2010 Olympus 504 which has had a couple of niggles but nothing major. Even has dry front lockers :P

Had a look at the new Uniorns and still prefer the Peg 2's :D

Checked over our new 2012 Pegagus Bologna today which we are picking up in 2 weeks time - cannot wait!

Trading up from our 2010 Olympus 504 which has had a couple of niggles but nothing major. Even has dry front lockers :P

Had a look at the new Uniorns and still prefer the Peg 2's :D

So do we!

Our Peg 1 has just returned from its third trip to France, no problems-it was filthy so treated it to a good wash and repolish before putting it back in store.

It has one or two small dings, inevitable given its done a few miles.(Stones off the road I guess!)

Must echo others re Pegasus 2 Rimini. We have just come back from Anglesey, our 3rd trip since new in July and find the fixed single beds perfect. Got the usual list of little niggles for the dealer to sort out shortly but 100% pleased. Also tows like a dream. Hoping to get the optional drawer pack soo n which I believe is now available.

:rolleyes::D

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini - Ford S Max 2. 0 Auto Diesel and Happy SWMBO

We love our Verona too. We've had it since easter last year, and to be honest I've lost count of the number of nights we've spent in it.

Fair enough, its had a few warranty jobs done on it, but nothing related to damp/water ingress or wheels falling off, and with the exception of a couple of blinds that were replaced, all other jobs were pretty petty to be honest.

I cant see us replacing this for a good few years :D

Can't wait to pick up our new Rimini on Thursday. Any thing in particular i should be looking for?

Thanks jks the weather we've been having up here recently will highlight that very quickly,still looking forward to getting it,had a couple of gripes in the showroom concerning chipped locker handles and decals on door all wrinkled will wait and see if they have rectified them if not it stays where it is until i'm happy with it. I presume its the front gas locker.

Edited by bmb779

Thanks jks the weather we've been having up here recently will highlight that very quickly,still looking forward to getting it,had a couple of gripes in the showroom concerning chipped locker handles and decals on door all wrinkled will wait and see if they have rectified them if not it stays where it is until i'm happy with it. I presume its the front gas locker.

Yes. They can leak though the door.

Have now had the worst storms imaginable over the last five days (Pegasus Rimini) and all remains totally dry in all lockers. Cannot understand how front gas locker is supposed to leak, as although rainwater does sit on bottom edge of door frame, it drains harmlessly away outside before it could possibly flood over the 25mm lip to enter locker. It's possible Bailey have done some mod on the newer ones to overcome the problem experienced by JKS.

Have now had the worst storms imaginable over the last five days (Pegasus Rimini) and all remains totally dry in all lockers. Cannot understand how front gas locker is supposed to leak, as although rainwater does sit on bottom edge of door frame, it drains harmlessly away outside before it could possibly flood over the 25mm lip to enter locker. It's possible Bailey have done some mod on the newer ones to overcome the problem experienced by JKS.

I have stopped the water getting in through the lip at the bottom but it also leaked in through the top until I stopped it. I increased the thickness of the seal inside the door. Perhaps Bailey have done the same.

Can't wait to pick up our new Rimini on Thursday. Any thing in particular i should be looking for?

Yes a good nights sleep. Beds are really comfy, even for me at 6ft 1" and 5ft 8" SWMBO. I know lots of negatives about Bailey but lots more positives. Enjoy

John

Bailey Pegasus 2 Milan - Ford S Max 2. 0l Auto diesel - Happy SWMBO and 12 year old mutt

Just completing second summer season in Pegasus 2 Milan.

Four trips to the South of France and Spain, 6500 miles and five and a half months total use.

Superb. No leaks, no dents. No problems nor am I expecting any as my four previous Baileys have been fault free.