Sign in to follow this  
LeadFarmer

Thetford C200 Toilet Seal Replacement Guide

There are plenty of guides on Thetfords website for replacing this seal (part number 23721), but having experienced issues with flush water collecting in the bottom of my C200 toilet cassette compartment, I decided to tak a few photos whilst replacing my seal (undertaken in my garage, not my kitchen sink! :blush: )

• Remove the sliding flush cover by sliding it off

ThetfordC200CSW-1.jpg

• Remove both plastic locating channels, these just unclip and lift off

ThetfordC200CSW-3.jpg

• Remove the 8 screws

ThetfordC200CSW-5.jpg

• Lift off the plastic surround

ThetfordC200CSW-6.jpg

The rubber seal will now just lift off. Take note of which way around the seal sits on the cassette so that you dont put the new one on upside down. Give the aperture a good clean before replacing with new seal. Then replace all items in reverse order.

I purchased my replacement seal off ebay for £10. 75 - part number 23721. Thetford advise spraying the seal with their spray lubricant. Hopefully this will solve the leak problem that my toilet has. Some current threads concerning similar issues. ..

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/67471-thetford-c250-cassette-toilet-leak-problem/

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/71261-thetford-cassette-c-20-cwe/

Edited by LeadFarmer

Good post. You too seem to have found the C200 info a bit lacking. Most seems to be for waste tank. My query is how do you get to the flush pump in the electric version? It's not the same as C250 or C2 etc. My pump runs but no water emerges from bowl. The pipe is connected at bowl as the locker doesn't fill with water so I'm assuming a pipe has come off at the pump end.

Good post. You too seem to have found the C200 info a bit lacking. Most seems to be for waste tank. My query is how do you get to the flush pump in the electric version? It's not the same as C250 or C2 etc. My pump runs but no water emerges from bowl. The pipe is connected at bowl as the locker doesn't fill with water so I'm assuming a pipe has come off at the pump end.

You lever off the panel with the flush button - I seem to recall it goes straight upwards. You put your hand into the water and the pump comes up in your hand.

My pump sezed one holiday and I had to do it.

You lever off the panel with the flush button - I seem to recall it goes straight upwards. You put your hand into the water and the pump comes up in your hand.

My pump sezed one holiday and I had to do it.

Yes and the new pump comes with the gasket to stick the top of the tank back down. I used mastic on mine with good results when I changed the LED with a third party one and got no gasket!

Have a look at my post on 2 September entitled 'Thetford Cassette C-20 Cwe' (I mistyped the number!). I have just got my seized pump going again - how I did it is nere.