Sign in to follow this  
Seaman

Elddis Solid Water Test Video On Youtube.

I got a post on Facebook this morning which has the Elddis SoLiD Construction – part 4 video. I have put the youtube link below. Looks interesting, especially the long term roof submersion test.

Thanks for the link. ..looks good!

Still no explanation as to why the 10 year warranty is "industry leading". Both Bailey and Swift have offered it for a while

poolebob

It looks fabulous !

Thanks for the link Seaman.

I think the marketing to this new SoLid design is excellent and very informative. Perhaps Elddis were responsible for the draught last year with the amount of water testing they have done (Only joking) I’ve got a good gut feeling with these products,

To Poolebob.

Why be so negative, there isn't exactly any other UK caravan manufacture on the market that have dry products, is there. On one of Elddis post they mention the warranty being unconditional. Perhaps it revolves around this.

G40

I thought the Bailey warranty was 6 years + 4 years payable option.

I thought the Bailey warranty was 6 years + 4 years payable option.

Hi

The current for new builds are as you stated above

The original warranty was still 6 plus an additional four year extended warranty paid for by Bailey on the first builds. Its not a factory warranty but an insurance.

G40

Edited by Gaz40

First time I seen it. .. looks good,

I especially like the front bulkhead arrangement. It looks to me like the solid construction is stepped back under the front windows with a GRP front panel which can then flex with the a-frame to reduce stress on the front end, this also allows the chassis to flex absorbing the bounce when towing over rough roads. Where as bailey have made the ridged body right to the front which rests on the a-frame which I think (only opinion) makes the ride harsh and stresses the front end which could result in water ingress?

My observations may be wrong as I haven't seen either type closeup in the flesh.

Guest Inner State

Great promo video, thanks for the link. Going off now to look at the Elddis site now

Great promo video, thanks for the link. Going off now to look at the Elddis site now

Me too ! Can't afford one yet though so it'll be just to dream ! ;) All those who can afford one please go and buy one now so that we can have lots of second hand ones around in a few years time ! :)

P. S. I'd like a Crusader Shamal please someone. ... in about 4 years time, thank you.

Edited by Shirl250

Me too ! Can't afford one yet though so it'll be just to dream ! ;) All those who can afford one please go and buy one now so that we can have lots of second hand ones around in a few years time ! :)

Now that's good thinking. ..

To Poolebob.

Why be so negative, there isn't exactly any other UK caravan manufacture on the market that have dryo products, is there. On one of Elddis post they mention the warranty being unconditional. Perhaps it revolves around this.

G40

Not being negative at all. Haven't criticicised the new construction at all.

Elddis state "Industry leading 10 year guarantee" . Just interested to know how it beats Bailey and Swift because it might be another factor in favour of Elddis.

Poolebob

Guest Inner State

Elddis state "Industry leading 10 year guarantee" . Just interested to know how it beats Bailey and Swift because it might be another factor in favour of Elddis.

Poolebob

Bailey no longer offer the 10 year warranty ?

J

Poolebob

Bailey now offer a transferable 4 year extension to the standard 6 year warranty at a small cost - the 10 year warranty is no longer free of charge as it was on the early Alu-Tech caravans.

Swift now offer a 10 year warranty but it is only valid for the first owner - if the caravan is sold on then the warranty reverts back to 6 years.

Until SOLID Elddis also had the first owner condition like Swift - but in the video Elddis state that SOLID caravan warranties have no additional conditions - so I assume the warranty will be a 10 year transferable warranty like the initial Bailey Alu-Techs.

If we had not bought a new van earlier this year I would be seriously concidering a new Elddis now.

The only thing I would like would be a sunroof option like Swift and Coachman.

Richard. ..

Bailey now offer a transferable 4 year extension to the standard 6 year warranty at a small cost - the 10 year warranty is no longer free of charge as it was on the early Alu-Tech caravans.

Swift now offer a 10 year warranty but it is only valid for the first owner - if the caravan is sold on then the warranty reverts back to 6 years.

Until SOLID Elddis also had the first owner condition like Swift - but in the video Elddis state that SOLID caravan warranties have no additional conditions - so I assume the warranty will be a 10 year transferable warranty like the initial Bailey Alu-Techs.

So if Elddis offer a free transferable 10 year warranty it is industry leading.

I cannot find anything on their web site but they could easily stop this debate by posting details of their warranty.

poolebob

If we had not bought a new van earlier this year I would be seriously concidering a new Elddis now.

The only thing I would like would be a sunroof option like Swift and Coachman.

Richard. ..

Richard

why do people have this obsession with sunroofs,the Swift I looked at had blinds that would'nt shut unless the blind was perfectly horizontaly aligned,the Coachman was better but I worried about the structural integrity caused by the lack of bracing with the missing front lockers. The Bailey just looks hideous & I worry about the sealing qualities on such a long,curved opening window,I just can't see that being a successful non leaker in the long term,just my opinion of course :) .

So if Elddis offer a free transferable 10 year warranty it is industry leading.

I cannot find anything on their web site but they could easily stop this debate by posting details of their warranty.

poolebob

I agree Poolebob - it would be good to have the warranty conditions confirmed.

I agree Poolebob - it would be good to have the warranty conditions confirmed.

We will all know after Saturday, the official launch day of the Elddis and most other manufacturers ranges. I will read it myself in the brochures I will get at the Lawns. Sign up on the Elddis website for your own brochures, which I imagine will be available for download or posting from the 1st September.

We will all know after Saturday, the official launch day of the Elddis and most other manufacturers ranges. I wilol read it myself in the brochures I will get at the Lawns. Sign up on the Elddis website for your own brochures, which I imagine will be available for download or posting from the 1st September.

The brochures are already on line. 10 year warranty is mentioned but as far as I could see no details, hence my question.

Poolebob

The brochures are already on line. 10 year warranty is mentioned but as far as I could see no details, hence my question.

Poolebob

The Elddis brochure does give details of the their 10 year warranty. Your question is why is it "industry leading"

Obviously you have a wedge in the door with this statement (I wonder why)

Why don't your start a new topic (Question for Elddis - Warranty) and ask them.

G40

Poolebob

I we will till someone buys one then Bob or Elddis gives me one on a longterm test!! ;)

The following is a quote from an earlier reply by Elddis regarding SOLID.

"

As with all things time will tell but we are so confident of the SoLiD construction method that we give a free 10 years body shell integrity warranty and there no additional warranty conditions that require to be met for this warranty than for our previous warranty."

It would seem to suggest that the warranty is the same as 2012 Elddis models - 10 years for the first owners only - only the first 6 years are transferable.

The Elddis brochure does give details of the their 10 year warranty. Your question is why is it "industry leading"

Obviously you have a wedge in the door with this statement (I wonder why)

Why don't your start a new topic (Question for Elddis - Warranty) and ask them.

G40

I really don't know how many times I have to make it clear to you I have no hidden agenda.

When Elddis first started a thread about the Solid construction the video that went with it stated "industry leading 10 year warranty". I asked the question then and although Elddis responded to a number of other questions they did not answer this one so I see no point in starting a new thread. Besides which no doubt all will become clear on Sep 1st

In buying a new caravan, it seems reasonable to consider the type of warranty hence my question. For one thing it illustrates confidence in the product.

poolebob

PS Looked again and there is nothing in the Brochure. .

I have a copy of the 2013 Elddis brochure, on the back cover in the small print it states:

"Elddis and Buccaneer products are covered against water ingress damage for 10 years from the original date of purchase of a new product. This applies to water ingress through any permanently sealed joints. If you purchase this vehicle as a used vehicle it may be possible to transfer the unexpired term of the warranty cover (up to a maximum of six years commencing at the original date of purchase from new). Full terms and conditions, including service intervals and exclusions can be found on the Elddis website"

Not sure if this answers your question as i don't know anything about the other manufacturers warranties but this is the only small print I can find relating to the warranty in the brochure.

Davros