Sign in to follow this  
ElddisGroupMarketing

Elddis Launches Revolutionary New Construction System

But I'm sure I have seen a thread which states the they have to be checked for tightness at the annual service.

took a while to find the post you quoted as it was almost a year ago. It referred to the Bailey alu-tech system not the Elddis solid system. And there have been numerous posts pointing out that a check of the bolts is no longer required on Alu-tech vans.

poolebob

For many more years than I care to remember I worked in both CV and PSV bodybuilding.

Even when coaches had wooden frames with aluminium side and roof panels I never heard of one leaking.

Accident/crash repairs? No problems whatsoever so why do caravan manufacturers struggle to make leak proof products?

Buses/coaches are subjected to far more vibrations and rough treatment than caravans and were stored outside in all weather conditions.

To paraphrase: It must be the way they make 'em!

This post is not aimed specifically at Elddis BTW.

Regards.

Col

I used to over see 6000 buses for London Transport that had a wooden frame covered in Aluminium and they travelled millions of miles and some are over 70 yrs old and still operating in other countries today and I can never remember a problem with a leaking bus .

Dave

It appears that cracks are starting to show in the new construction.

http://www. caravanclub. co. uk/community/discussions/technical-and-advice/caravans/cracks-in-front-panel/rt/541873/

I'm interested in the method used to replace a panel, any one know?

What have cracks in the front panel to do with solid construction. These are almost new vans with a fault in manufacture of the panel. Hope it gets sorted soon.

What do they have to do with solid?

Well there are fitted to a caravan held together with solid, I thought the connection was obvious.

Does anyone yet know how a panel will be replaced?

I am not going there, tit for tat or knock for knock, what a waste of time, oh I dont know how do you repair the damaged front panel of a Bailey Alutech. Does it matter no because as with Elddis there are people that do.

What's this nonsense about tit for tat?

Its a caravan.

Does anyone know how the panel will be replaced??

What's this nonsense about tit for tat?

Its a caravan.

Does anyone know how the panel will be replaced??