Sign in to follow this  
Jcf1966

New Dash Cam

Back on topic, I have just bought a Mobius cam and am pleased at the quality of the recordings - well worth the money, too many cases of "crash for cash". I had a close call last year, car in front of me on a clear motorway slammed on the brakes, no collision but close, obviously with video evidence they are unlikely to get very far with a claim.

Then why don't you take a photo of the offender and take it to the nearest police station? . .I would. ..Peter

Because experience suggests they simply would not be interested, even if offences and offenders are laid out on a plate for them. I cannot give any details, but I am presently involved with a long running battle trying to get the police to enforce the law with regards to vehicles being used on the road, with no tax and no insurance.

I sent them a link to a video of dangerous driving of an Audi, there only response being to suggest that they were aware of the car, it was local and they were keeping an eye out for it. The registration was perfectly clear in the video, why only keeping an eye on it?

My faith in the police's ability or willingness to enforce the law is at an all time low.

Edited by harry.m1byt

Bailey Pageant Monarch Series 5 2004

Back on topic, I have just bought a Mobius cam and am pleased at the quality of the recordings - well worth the money, too many cases of "crash for cash". I had a close call last year, car in front of me on a clear motorway slammed on the brakes, no collision but close, obviously with video evidence they are unlikely to get very far with a claim.

Great! Back on topic!

I bought mine for the same reason as yourself, hopefully I'll never have to use it as evidence though :)

Volvo XC60 D5 R-Design Lux Nav Polestar towing a Bailey Orion 440-4.

Just loving my new dash cam, blackvue 400g HD, nice pictures both day and night and just knowing it is there I a great peace of mind.

I had it hard wired in with the switch for parking mode, this means I can turn parking mode on, and it will not flatten the battery or I can turn it off.

Then biggest problem with park mode is the alarm flash on the facia. It keep the camera recording all the time. So you have to cover it with a rag etc. works very well.

The mic is a ok quality not great but good enough.

Big recomend

James

Is the alarm flash the blue forward facing light? If so it can be turned off in Settings.

Volvo XC60 D5 R-Design Lux Nav Polestar towing a Bailey Orion 440-4.