Sterling Elite Explorer

colger23

I am seriously thinking of exchanging my Bailey Pageant Provence for a Sterling Elite Explorer (fixed bed, parallel lounge, twin axle etc etc).

Anybody any experience with this particular caravan and if so do you have any comments.

Also what is the general consensus on the quality etc of Sterling caravans.

Any comments would be most appreciated before I spent £18K

We had the Eccles Amethyst, same stable we found it to be a very solid van,although we only had it for a year, we had no problems what so ever, Hubby just could not get comfortable on the L shape seating. Quality is to be found in Sterling Vans.

Shiba. :D

We are on our second Sterling van. Our first one was a Europa 460 which we kept for 6 years and had no issues at all. We now have an Eccles Topaz which was new last year. I am not in a position to compare to the Bailey but we are very pleased with the quality of the Eccles, they are slightly more modern than the rest of the Swift range.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Thanks for the comments which are very encouraging.

I have to admit I prefer the Sterling interiors compared to the equivalent Abbey, Ace and Swift models which is why we prefer the Sterling. I have been happy with the Bailey BUT cannot get used to the L lounge !!! and have decided a fixed bed is the way to go and the island bed is a good idea.

Once again, thanks for the comments - latest is that I have just put down a deposit on a Sterling Elite Explorer today. Delivery to be mid January as it is in stock. Spent a couple of sleepness nights wondering if it was the right decision - now its made, cant wait to get my hands on it !!!!!!!!!!! so guess that means more sleepness nights !!!!!!!!!!!

John, thanks for your comments - you are absolutely right - my dealer is Bailey and Sterling as luck would have it. Have had excellent service from them with my Provence so dont anticipate any problems with the SterlingExplorer.

I just couldnt get used to the L lounge in the Provence and unortunately the Louisiana is also L shaped and I found the bathroom just the same size at the Provence. Must admit that I am not so sure that the Explorer is worth the total of the extra money over the Louisiana.

Having said that I will be sad to let the Provence go, we have spent pver 90 nights in it since October 2004 and it has been slightly modified with additional matching internal lights and an addition 13 amp socket. also had built in Satellite system so only had to set up dish to be operational!!!!!