Sign in to follow this  
steveyorks

New Legs For The Wife

The table supplied with my Lunar Delta has given up the ghost. The top, which matches the units, is fine but one of the stays that stops the legs folding when extended, has broken. Its an alloy type material and one of the broken parts is very short so welding or rivetting wouldnt work. I am looking to swap the top onto some new legs (wife wants to keep it all matching) and so have checked ebay etc. Any ideas from anyone would be welcomed as to am I looking in the best place etc? The table top measures approx 90 cm by 60 cm.

Edited by steveyorks

Can't you get a new stay? Your local metal fabricator should have something in stock, and would probably stick it in for you far a small consideration. A bit less effort than going the ebay route, I should think.

Hi,

Have you thought of caravan breakers ? find a table with same legs and do a swap ( table legs --not wife ! )

david 1220

I could do with some more legs as well mine are a bit creaky and cant walk so far these days. Hows her new ones does she look nmlike an 18 year old again in them!!!

Oh you mean for the table.

:D Edited by Rita

If you're thinking of choosing a different style of leg, make sure there is some wood to screw the fittings into. In my experience a caravan table is made up of a frame and battens only where the designed legs are fitted. If you change e. g. to a central pillar type you may find you've got nothing substantial to take the fixings.

Edited by hawkaye

You're taking a chance! It's one thing to offer to swap the wife for some new legs. ..but to do it on an open forum!! She'll be a little peeved if she sees it :D