Sign in to follow this  
taviswimp

Hello From Traviswimp

Hello new to caravan talk. Have 2011 Eccles Ruby.

Anyone know where I get a bike rack to fit at the rear?

Colin.

UK made caravans are not designed with strengthened backs to take a bike rack generally. This has been discussed on here several times if you do a search .

The other issue is with that weight on the back it could make the van unstable ( tail wagging dog springs to mind) and cause snaking and give a light towball weight as well.

Hello new to caravan talk. Have 2011 Eccles Ruby.

Anyone know where I get a bike rack to fit at the rear?

Colin.

Your Sterling Eccles Ruby will have strengthening inserts in the rear panel. I would contact a dealer and ask if they know the location of these points and how a rack may be fitted, or use the Swift forum to ask for the same information. I believe in the past Swift have supplied drawings of the location points. Knowing the locating points you could do more research to identify a suitable rack.

Do be aware though of the danger of putting a load at the back of your caravan.

John.

Once you have established the strong mounting points of your caravan, your next port of call for a suitable rack should be either your local caravan dealer, or the Fiamma website. If you're not in a hurry to buy, the best new price will probably be at a caravan show, or a second hand unit may be available online through a well known auction site (but ensure it includes the mounting brackets that are often left on the donor caravan/motorhome).

Gordon.

Sign in to follow this