Sign in to follow this  
deegee

Gas Grills And Ovens. Who Makes The Best?

I'm looking to buy a caravan gas grill and oven for building in under a worktop.

I understand that the UK made ones are better because they give faster grilling. I'd like domestic cooking quality although the size doesn't necessarilly need to be as big as domestic. Durability and reliabilty are important

Can anyone suggest good manufacturers or models and tell me what I should look out for?

Many thanks.

My present motorhome has a Thetford oven - they should have stuck to toilets! The previous van had a Stoves, that was better.

The grills never seem brilliant though as the flame is too far from the food

Russell

My present motorhome has a Thetford oven - they should have stuck to toilets! The previous van had a Stoves, that was better.

Russell

Thanks for this. I thought Thetford ovens are made by the Spinflo part of Thetford (?) When I go onto their website, I can't get to the information. When I email them, it gets returned as "address doesn't exist"!

Yes, that's where I was, but there's no click on the ovens to get any info. And all the contact info relates to the USA. When I go to the UK website, the contact email address doesn't exist. Amazing for a professional company like this!

oops i thought I had a differant link but No

Edited by proterra

Russell

Thanks. Can you say if there's anything wrong with the Thetford oven itself?

We have a belling full size cooker in our ACE, it has an oven, grill, 3 gas rings and one electric and is fantastic - in fact better than to cooker we have at home!!

WE have Stoves at home as we have had for years and have never had a problem over many years. We have had Spinflow in previous caravans, again without problems. We have Thetford (Spinflow?) currently in the van and the hob is excellent but the grill (incorportated underneath) isn't as good as those in our previous caravans.