Sign in to follow this  
kevtoyou

Hitch Cover

Just made my self an hitch cover with Tarpaulin with fixed eyelets £2. 50 from local Diy Store + 2 Bungee Straps 99p, Put it over Hitch and covered really well. I think some of the covers you buy are not so cheap. any one else made up there own, or is it just me penny pinching.

Edited by kevtoyou

They cost less than £6 so not really worth the effort. Our last one was given to us by the dealer for free. But hey ho you saved £3 which is not in your pocket and not theirs. :D

Edited by Surf01

They cost less than £6 so not really worth the effort. Our last one was given to us by the dealer for free. But hey ho you saved £3 which is not in your pocket and not theirs. :D

Worth more than that on the free advertising that you are doing for them whilst using it. I often look at the hitch covers to see where folk are from on a site as I walk round.

Worth more than that on the free advertising that you are doing for them whilst using it. I often look at the hitch covers to see where folk are from on a site as I walk round.

me too! Glad it's not just me!! :lol:

I'm another hitch cover spotter!

I'm another hitch cover spotter!

Me as well

you saved £3 which is not in your pocket and not theirs.

So when I find it I'm going to go out and buy one. :lol:

I often look at the hitch covers to see where folk are from on a site as I walk round.

. .... you'll never know . ... where I'm from . .....

. ...... I use an Alko hitch cover . ....

Cheers

Pete

:D :D :D

hello all I’m still waiting for a "caravan talk" one to be available :lol:

Look at our hitch cover and not our caravan!! The dealer it originally came from in Wales personalised it somewhat!! We'll get the stickers off sometime, but meanwhile it's the hitch cover on the caravan that tells the truth (if we remember to put it on)!! And our registration number of course (although not everyone is sufficiently nerdy to know/remember what the old registration letters referred to!). We just go round looking for other Cornish people ;)

Just made my self an hitch cover with Tarpaulin with fixed eyelets £2. 50 from local Diy Store + 2 Bungee Straps 99p, Put it over Hitch and covered really well. I think some of the covers you buy are not so cheap. any one else made up there own, or is it just me penny pinching.

To be fair once you factor in the time making it and getting the bits is it really worth it?

By the way has anyone had one nicked? We did - fellow vanner at the same storage site - sad git!

Hi Madasmad, It's the satisfaction of having made it that is worth it. And yes. .......I am a cover

spotter!....... I bought a red cover to match the caravan decor, and within a week it had turned green!!!

We tried to get a hitch cover free from the dealer.

Failed. Shame.

I've been advertising Discover for years !!

I`ve made mine from roofing material, cost £0. 00

I had a cover blow off in a storm. .It was a very severe and very localised storm!!! It happened at the storage site (Cassoc gold), so I know it was a storm not a tea leaf. :ph34r:

I had to buy a new one so now no one knows where I'm from. ...That worries me, I'm not getting any younger and would like people to know where I'm from so they can help me get home again. ..... :lol:

hello all I’m still waiting for a "caravan talk" one to be available :lol:

Yes, me too. ...c'mon admin this is a good idea. ..so long as it's reasonably priced they'll go like hot cakes.

Edited by sprite

I have a 10 year old Alko hitch lock cover. It's green and mouldy. A bit like me, really.

Also with a hitch cover from a dealer, at least you know you weren't the only sucker! :D :D

I have a 10 year old Alko hitch lock cover. It's green and mouldy. A bit like me, really.

Snap :rolleyes:

I just told my servicing dealer their company would have a better image if they gave me a new cover. I now have a new cover.

John.

I just told my servicing dealer their company would have a better image if they gave me a new cover. I now have a new cover.

John.

I admire your cheek, but good on yer!

Changing subject slightly. the first thing I do when I get anew car or van is to take of those stickers in the back window. Theyve got their name on the number plate anyway. Though SY caravans have stuch a small 4x 3cm badge just to the side of the door that wont come off without leaving a mark.

Edited by proterra

Sign in to follow this