Sign in to follow this  
ericfield

Piggy Back Tanks

Ive been wondering why we split water duties.

Walk to water station with waste master. ... return. ....walk to water station with aquaroll. ....return.

Why arent the two tanks combined = One journey?

(I realise some of the more agile may have mastered the combined aquaroll and wastemaster manouvre to the water station in one trip )

OK - this is a crude diagram - but why havent the manufacturers come up with a waste tank that has the fresh water piggy backed on top? Weight is same (40L fresh OR 40L waste). It could be demountable for cleaning etc.

I can hear everyone saying . ..."but on my caravan the waste outlet is 10feet away from my water inlet"

So why is that ? Maybe the caravan design /pipe routing is wrong?

Just a thought.

post-33147-0-19913800-1343823595_thumb.jpg

I can wheel the Aquaroll in one hand and the wastemaster in t'other no problem so just one trip. & if necessary carry the loo tank on top of the wastemaster.

Dont sell your house to develop it!!!! I think dragons den will say I'm Out!

There are times when the Aquaroll is getting low but not yet empty and I will fill it up, rolling it therewith a small amount in it. Chance are the waste isn't full either so I'll leave that a while longer. It may just be me but i rarely take both at the same time and if I do I'm lucking enough to be one of the agile ones who can manage both.

Better still I can bribe one of the kids to help, getting them to do it seems to have worn off not long after we started 4 years ago.

I guess the real solution would be a snazzy filter in the tank that takes grey water in one end, filters it and you pump clean water off the other end. You'd only ever need to fill it once, on arrival on site.

Edited by Cruzer

Guest jks

Ive been wondering why we split water duties.

Walk to water station with waste master. ... return. ....walk to water station with aquaroll. ....return.

Why arent the two tanks combined = One journey?

(I realise some of the more agile may have mastered the combined aquaroll and wastemaster manouvre to the water station in one trip )

OK - this is a crude diagram - but why havent the manufacturers come up with a waste tank that has the fresh water piggy backed on top? Weight is same (40L fresh OR 40L waste). It could be demountable for cleaning etc.

I can hear everyone saying . ..."but on my caravan the waste outlet is 10feet away from my water inlet"

So why is that ? Maybe the caravan design /pipe routing is wrong?

Just a thought.

You actually use more fresh water than is wasted so having a smaller fresh tank as your diagram would be pointless.

Back to the drawing board I think!

Edited by jks

Guest Rita

I can wheel the Aquaroll in one hand and the wastemaster in t'other no problem so just one trip. & if necessary carry the loo tank on top of the wastemaster.

Dont sell your house to develop it!!!! I think dragons den will say I'm Out!

:goodpost:

Guest marksimonpowell

i will shortly be handing over wastemaster duties to the youngest powell, the older one currently deals with all freshwater requirements - result. just need to find a willing toilet emptier. ......any takers?

Weight is always a big factor! 40 litres of water weighs about 40kg.

I always take the 2 at once as your only pulling one that is full for the forward and reverse trip .

OH does the same if she beats me to it .

Dont think it is hygenic having the 2 tank touching each other being piggy backed .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave