The New Bailey Unicorn - Seeing Things In A Different Light ...

foxfold2002

Just went back and took a good look at the outside again. In my opinion the black high front window looks far worse than the black gas locker on our Pegasus.

The alu-tech design has been accused of making the caravans look like trains and this one certainly does. In fact, for all you Stephen King fans out there - this caravan makes me think of "Blaine" the riddle train in The Gunslinger Series! Now where did THAT come from? I haven't read the books for a good few years, but he just sprung to mind!

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Oh dear. Have to say I don't like the look of the centre window either. Inside or out.

Still think Coachman have the best execution of the upper section panoramic window so far.

And those cut outs in the lower front look ideal road crud catchers. Presumably they are designed as steps so you can hold the grab handle with one hand and do your George Formby when I'm cleaning windows routine with the other.

Will wait until one arrives at our local dealer though before passing final judgement.

If Bailey want to capture the Swift market while retaining their Alu-Tech lead, they should offer the long window and missing top front lockers as an option. i. e. a different model available alongside the existing one. (And without wooden floors!)

Tom

Adria Adora 612DL Seine + Lexus RX450h

the lower half of the front is all wrong, too busy too much going on = a mess

thought they may have changed the shape but looks like the alutech method limits them to producing a van with slab like aerodynamics .

ex-alutech :angry: owner - now rehabilitated and happy :)

Also it looks as though they have increased the length of the sofas and living area by getting rid of the front gas bottle locker.

Adria Adora 612DL Seine + Lexus RX450h

Sorry, but it looks like a wasp has hit a wall head on !! :o

It looks a mess and the front window is great with a view, but in reality with rain running down it and park opposite the caravaner's from hell (luckily not that many around) not so practical.

I do like the side graphics though and colour, but I see the window being a problem at least it will lower the nose weight a little and the front moulding looks like something out of Buck Rogers the original black and white series. OTT :(

I agree with Glen & Les that after this I can't believe that folks took the mick out of the Peggy's black locker. :blink:

I also think that anyone with a current Unicorn will be breathing a sigh of relief :)

G40

Edited by Gaz40

the lower half of the front is all wrong, too busy too much going on = a mess

thought they may have changed the shape but looks like the alutech method limits them to producing a van with slab like aerodynamics .

I guess the front profile is more Orion-like, but it looks like they've not gone the whole hog and curved the back roof edge. Reviews say the curve limits space in the Orion's shower, but I'm 6ft 2ins and I've stood in Orion showers a number of times and didn't feel it was a problem. All I can say is that some reviewers must have large heads if they can't fit in there :)

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

Well that is a definite no no!

Didn't buy the Swift because of the front window and loss of units at the front.

Rather pleased really. Will save me a visit to the show in October!

Wow. Hadn't seen the design layout until now. In my unconsidered opinion it is a complete mess viewed from the outside however acceptable from the inside. Would I buy one? No. It reminds me too much of a 1960s dodgem car.

Edited by vectra

I've spotted one saving grace that will please the lovers of central cabinets. It looks like there's an extending work surface that pulls out above the drawers at the front.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, I do not know how to say this but I have downloaded the photos, I have been looking at the images off and on all night and I think I may have to eat my words. Its actually growing on me and I think I have just spotted the wave strip above the front ABS panel and it looks like a full strip LED cruise light.

I wonder if the wife has slipped something in me tea other than sugar. :blink:

G40

The front is awful . .. at least in that picture. It might look better in reality.

Inside is OK.

As ever i'll be interested to see it in the flesh.

2018 Swift Elegance 580  towed by a 2018 Volvo XC60 D5 Power Pulse R Design

It could have looked a lot worse as in the Orion imho.

At least the mock up has lost the stupid jockey wheel buried in the middle of the fairing. Overall, It doesn't look too bad, not as slabby as the current look, especially at the front. Yes, the lower front is busy, but that is a trait of Bailey. My previous S5 and current 7 are quite busy with design detail too.

Now are Bailey going to do a layout that keeps me in the fold? That is the question.

Oh, and according to the Caravan Times, it will run on 14 inch alloy wheels, with Michelin tyres. The first for a caravan manufacturer and a premium brand, allegedly.

2010/60 Honda CRV ES-T i-DTEC (Deep Sapphire Blue) and a 2009 S7 Bailey Provence.

It looks like a Storm trooper from Star Wars at the front. What are they thinking of?

The Coacman full width panoramic window is a lot more stylish. and youve got a full width shelf inside

Coachman Pastiche tugged by Mazda CX-7, Wine supplied by Sainsburys & sunday Times wine Club.

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, I do not know how to say this but I have downloaded the photos, I have been looking at the images off and on all night and I think I may have to eat my words. Its actually growing on me and I think I have just spotted the wave strip above the front ABS panel and it looks like a full strip LED cruise light.

I also can't stop looking at the photos - we were planning on changing to a Unicorn for next year and now I have to get used to a whole new look (if I can). You could be right about the led strip, as there wouldn't appear to be any in the grab handles as on the current models. Not sure what it would be like in the dark looking in the car's rear view mirror though - a bit "in your face"?

I'm waiting to see the models in the flesh to see what storage they've lost by moving the gas lockers to the side, as they've certainly lost some "under the chest" as well as the overhead lockers. Can't see how you'd be able to open the onboard water tank locker and slide your long fishing rods etc right through any more. All will be revealed, I'm sure. For me, I also have concerns that the slide out table will no longer be sufficient for full meals (as you've lost quite a bit of the chest top) so that would mean the full table having to come out - a bit of an inconvenience.

Oh, and I don't like the fact that you can't pull the curtains right across either!

That's my moan over - for now - I'll be back, no doubt, as more is revealed!

Glen.

The outside look is slowly growing on me. Inside, Ok it's going to have a feeling of more space but by sacrificing storage space.

We also like a slide out table that the 2 of us can dine at.

Jim

Unicorn Valencia S1 Xtrail MK4 2. 0DCi

Bailey have requested that we remove the images until the official launch on Monday.

Please help us to support their wishes by not re-posting them until this date.

Tim
Developer | Caravan Talk

Bailey have requested that we remove the images until the official launch on Monday.

Well that proves something. ..... Bailey are conscious of our existence even though they don't respond!

Oh how I wish I had logged on earlier. I have missed the images.

Someone says that they look like the front of a train. I hope not as I work in the train industry and my idea of heaven is taking the van away and not having to look at trains. What horror if I had to face one of them for 2 weeks LOL :lol:

Someone please PM me the pic's

Mitsubishi Shogun 3. 2 SG3 197 BHP, 2014, Auto in White . Looking for a 7m German caravan.

I think it is a shame you have removed these pictures. The freedom to freely report news items is sacorosanct. You have disappointed and bowed to the pressure from above, this is why so few major problems ever get reported in the caravan magazines. This can no longer be classed as a free and open forum.

Please re-instate them!

Edited by chad

Shall we all chip in for the legal costs were Bailey to take action?

The photos were clearly not released for public consumption yet.

(Anyone with email subscription to this thread may possibly find they can still view them :-) )

As far as I can see CT is sticking to its rules etc. Any of us who don't like it can always go and start our own forum. Been there and done that in the yachting world. It's a thankless task.

Jim

I think it is a shame you have removed these pictures. The freedom to freely report news items is sacorosanct. You have disappointed and bowed to the pressure from above, this is why so few major problems ever get reported in the caravan magazines. This can no longer be classed as a free and open forum.

Please re-instate them!

Unicorn Valencia S1 Xtrail MK4 2. 0DCi

Apart from the photos, Bailey are sending me emails every day, leading up to the "official launch" next week. Today they have sent through the first layouts (they are existing "best sellers" - Seville, Valencia, Madrid, Cadiz & Barcelona), but say more will be revealed later. They also say they have redesigned the kitchens and bathrooms and I guess we will all just have to wait to see the final product.

The layouts look interesting. It seems there is a round sink with more room in the kitchen and the Belfast sink has gone in the bathroom which is a shame. They have actually put in an electric plate too on the cooker hob. Still not sure I can live with the panoramic window though. Can't see it's and advantage having lost two large lockers.

Edited by jks

The layouts look interesting. It seems there is a round sink with more room in the kitchen and the Belfast sink has gone in the bathroom which is a shame. They have actually put in an electric plate too on the cooker hob. Still not sure I can live with the panoramic window though. Can't see it's and advantage having lost two large lockers.

JKS I NEED your pictures, the suspense is killing me ! Are there any fixed island bed models. Are the toilets/showers combined etc,etc,etc What about large Beer and wine coolers (fridge)

Mitsubishi Shogun 3. 2 SG3 197 BHP, 2014, Auto in White . Looking for a 7m German caravan.

JKS I NEED your pictures, the suspense is killing me ! Are there any fixed island bed models. Are the toilets/showers combined etc,etc,etc What about large Beer and wine coolers (fridge)

If google bailey caravans 2013 you will find the website.