Towing

brian

Hi all hope you advise. I have a Lunar 575/4 and am towing with a Saab 9000 automatic, 2 ltr. car and caravan weight are all within the limits as stated in handbooks, although I have been told a transmission oil cooler should be fitted.

any suggestions on this.

Thanks Brian

Don't know if this will help but when I towed with a Merc E class automatic the manual also recommended fitting an oil cooler. I didn't bother and never had any problem.

I think that its something that is recommended with any automatic transmission.

Pete.

Don't know if this will help but when I towed with a Merc E class automatic the manual also recommended fitting an oil cooler. I didn't bother and never had any problem.

I think that its something that is recommended with any automatic transmission.

Pete.

4365[/snapback]

I have towed with three automatics, all Mercedes. After taking delivery of each one, I wrote to M-B, quoted the weight of caravan likely to be towed and asked their advice. On each occasion, no additional oil cooler was necessary for the transmission. I believe there is already one fitted to Mercedes.

Hi Brian,

I was also informed by Mercedes that an additional oil cooler was unnecessary,but that does not imply that the same is true for Saab. I would definitely check with Saab to make sure. I towed with Saab 99 and 900 for several years,but they were all manual transmission. :)

Frank