Sign in to follow this  
madasmad

Dyson Handheld Vacuum

forget the overpriced dyson and get urself the pet friendly dirt devil, we have a dog that comes with on hols in the van and used to struggle with a dustpan and brush, we then went looking for a rechargeable hoover and after lots of searching found the dirt devil, with its power driven brush head and two more nozzles its a sure winner and a fraction of the cost for the dyson, 3 years on and lots of use its still going strong, brilliant, martin

There is something about Dyson which I just can't get my head around, to me they just seem so plasticy, odd looking and way over priced, I think for the price I would expect a far better build quality too. We use this as we always stay where there is EHU so a re-chargeable is not needed. ...

http://www. electrolux. co. uk/Products/Cleaning/Handheld_vacuum_cleaners/Stair_and_car_vac/Z61A

Excellent reviews, powerful, small, battery won't die on you.

Crash helmet on!

I have used mine this year after many years of a dirt devil. I am surprised by how much it picks up especially when using the tools. Also don't have to bother with the cord. Where we store the van no electric so take it fully charged and it cleans the whole van on that charge even when getting up dried mud and crumbs. Mine is dc34 animal complete with tools. We also have a dog.

We have two dyson uprights for use in home and dyson hand held DC16 for caravan. As seggy seggy says great suction but I'm not impressed with 3 hours to charge for just 6 minutes use

Edited by Superpete

We've just bought the DC34 animal handheld from Currys for £149. 99. Weve got 3 Staffies who are in the van as much as we are. ......so hoping this bit of kit lives up to it's amazing reputation!!

As for the price. .....i've learnt over the years that "ya get what ya pay for" B)

We've just bought the DC34 animal handheld from Currys for £149. 99. Weve got 3 Staffies who are in the van as much as we are. ......so hoping this bit of kit lives up to it's amazing reputation!!

As for the price. .....i've learnt over the years that "ya get what ya pay for" B)

You'll love it!!

Hi, we have had one for about 2 years, we chose the one with the driven brush as we have 2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

It does a very good job on both the carpets and the bits of upholstery not covered with throws, and copes very well with the dog hair.

Same here! We had the Dyson with us on our recent trip and were amazed at the amount of dog hair it picked up. Quickly went into our list of best accessories.

Just gave the van a going over with it. .....absolutely fab piece of kit!!!! Had more than enough time to go over the carpets and upholstery twice. It's surprising how long 15 minutes of battery time lasts. Great at picking dog hair up. Yes it takes 3 hrs for a full charge that only lasts 15 minutes, yes it costs a lot compared to other handhelds on the market, but it does a grand job, doesn't weigh a tonne and is quite compact. Competely happy with my Dyson, and i'm so glad Ginge persuaded me to get one!!!! :D:)

I've been thinking about getting one, but the battery life has been putting me off. ..

Can anyone tell me the time of the recharge cycle please?....

I've been thinking about getting one, but the battery life has been putting me off. ..

Can anyone tell me the time of the recharge cycle please?....

Depends on the model but normally 2-3hrs

You won't be disappointed

Depends on the model but normally 2-3hrs

You won't be disappointed

Thanks for the info and reply milkymarsh. ..

A trip to Currys in order to check them out I think. .. :)

Edited by Rels

My sentiment is the same as most others. .....good, but expensive and poor battery life.

Guest Inner State

Why do people keep going on about poor battery life, compared to what? are there any other cleaners of similar eight an power that have longer battery life? The Dyson has 15 to 20 minutes battery life, thats more than enough for cleaning the caravan, if you need to do more than the battery life then clean up morning and night, leaves it all day and night to harge inbetween.

Quality product, wouldn't be without it.

J

My sentiment is the same as most others. .....good, but expensive and poor battery life.

Why do people keep going on about poor battery life, compared to what? are there any other cleaners of similar eight an power that have longer battery life? The Dyson has 15 to 20 minutes battery life, thats more than enough for cleaning the caravan, if you need to do more than the battery life then clean up morning and night, leaves it all day and night to harge inbetween.

Quality product, wouldn't be without it.

J

Quite right - we clean our van on 'max' power to get the dog hairs and it had sufficient time, bloomin heck we even hoover in the awning and there is more than enough time for that too.

Agree MW, ive found it picks up my dogs hair quite easily, and there can be lots of it when hes moulting!! I to have used it to hoover an awning. Great product and well worth the money it costs to buy one.

To update my previous posts,still on third battery with the addition of a new body as it still kept cutting out.

Ian

To update my previous posts,still on third battery with the addition of a new body as it still kept cutting out.

Ian

Dyson replaced my battery.

Your experience is poor but at least it seems you get good back up and support from Dyson and not the usual run around.

John