Cc Mayday Membership Card

JonathanM

We've got comprehensive breakdown with the CC Mayday scheme. I'm a bit confused by the membership cards though.

One has my name, but the reg no of my wifes car, the other my wifes name but my car's reg number. Do I carry the one with my name on & my wifes reg number, or have the CC made a mistake with this? Or is it my name as owner of the vehicle & wifes reg no in case I breakdown when driving her card?

Mine has my Reg number and name so I suspect yours is the wrong way round! Mine also says personal cover on it which I understand covers me in whatever car I may be travelling. It better because I have two classic cars and I specifically wanted cover for these as well. Used to do it on RAC but then found out they would not bring the caravan home so I switched to Green Flag. Never had opportunity to use yet thankfully so can't check it so to speak!

I have just added my Son to my Mayday. The cards came through with his registration but my name. I am pretty sure they register to the main account holder but to the individual cars.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

I have just added my Son to my Mayday. The cards came through with his registration but my name. I am pretty sure they register to the main account holder but to the individual cars.

David

46021[/snapback]

I hope not David! I am a bit concerned now. I went to great lengths to explain to Mayday what I needed as well.

Come the spring I think I had better pull a plug lead and "breakdown" a couple of miles from home to test the system! I would not want to have a real panic 100 miles away!!

DavidC

If you want to cover more than 1 car then there is a cheapest way of doing it. This is how it was explained to me and set up by Mayday.

We have 3 cars and 3 drivers, myself, my husband and our daughter. She only drives one car, so that is the car which is covered by Mayday. Then my husband and myself have personal cover, i. e. we are covered for any of our 3 cars, or any other car we are driving or are even passengers in . Daughter is only covered when she is in the named car, but that is fine. If anyone else were driving that car they would also be covered.

We get 3 cards. 1 with the registration number of the covered car, that stays in the car, and a card each for my husband and myself, these we carry with us, they also have the reg. no. of the covered car on them.

Hope I have made that clear, it was a bit difficult to understand at first.

Only needed them a couple of times, once at home (they were cr**, finished up doing it myself,

and once when at brown moor site at Hawes, now he was clever! pleasant and nothing too much trouble, :)

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

If you want to cover more than 1 car then there is a cheapest way of doing it. This is how it was explained to me and set up by Mayday.

We have 3 cars and 3 drivers, myself, my husband and our daughter.   She only drives one car, so that is the car which is covered by Mayday.   Then my husband and myself have personal cover, i. e. we are covered for any of our 3 cars, or any other car we are driving or are even passengers in .   Daughter is only covered when she is in the named car, but that is fine.   If anyone else were driving that car they would also be covered.

We get 3 cards. 1 with the registration number of the covered car, that stays in the car, and a card each for my husband and myself, these we carry with us, they also have the reg. no. of the covered car on them.

Hope I have made that clear, it was a bit difficult to understand at first.

46048[/snapback]

OK, so with comp insurance I guess what we have is a card with the vehicle reg on, ie both, and named person, so I carry my card with the wifes reg no on, and she carries her named card with my reg number on?? So we are covered in our own cars plus each others? Still a bit confused, need to ring the CC when I get chance.

Jonathan, are you covering 2 cars because other people drive them too? If you have 2 cars registered then you should have a card for each car, to keep in the car. And if you and your wife also have personal cover then you should have a card each to carry, but I can't figure out which car reg they would have on them.

Jonathan, are you covering 2 cars because other people drive them too?  If you have 2 cars registered then you should have a card for each car, to keep in the car.   And if you and your wife also have personal cover then you should have a card each to carry, but I can't figure out which car reg they would have on them.

46423[/snapback]

We have got (I presume) cover for me & my wife, but I can't follow why my card has the wifes reg no on. No one else drives our cars, just us.

Jennifernn

I have one card with my main car reg on saying Comprehensive personal cover. I was assured by greenflag that this covers me in all the cars. Iam the only driver. Do you think i should have cards for the other cars?

My understanding of Green Flag is that it covers only the CAR listed on the card. If you have more than one car, you need more cards.

On the other hand, the AA covers the INDIVIDUAL in any car, but then you need membership for each person.

So if you have one car with lots of drivers, Green Flag is the best. If you have lots of cars, with few drivers, the AA may be best.

Brian

Green Flag with Personal cover which costs about £16 extra and gives you an extra card for your spouse if required and cover for any vehicle that either of you are in, whether a driver or passenger.

Only one vehicle is registered and this number appears on any card together with the individuals name who is the card holder,not the policy holder. On the only time we have needed the service my wife with her personal card was driving her own vehicle which was not the registered vehicle.

We have 3 cars and 2 drivers and personal cover gives us total cover on these plus any other vehicle.

It's a bit like the old Norwich Union Motorcycle Riders Policy,where you were covered to ride any motorcycle you owned but only paid one premium for the highest risk machine. The main difference is that you could only ride one bike at a time,and no other rider was covered.

We have had this cover for as long as it has existed which must be 20 years.

This is from the Green Flag website.

'Optional Personal Cover

With all our options, your car is covered no matter who's driving. But you can also add Personal Cover so that you - and your partner if you wish - enjoy all the benefits of your chosen cover level for any car you are travelling in, even if you're the passenger.'

Frank

• 2 weeks later...

Jonathan, I would have thought that, following on from what I was told, the way to do 2 cars and 2 drivers is to register 1 car and take personal cover for yourself and your wife. Then you would get a card to keep in the registered car and cards for you and your wife to carry, with the number of that car on them.

This would cover the registered car for any driver, and you and your wife for any car you were in or driving.

Jonathan, I would have thought that, following on from what I was told, the way to do 2 cars and 2 drivers is to register 1 car and take personal cover for yourself and your wife.   Then you would get a card to keep in the registered car and cards for you and your wife to carry, with the number of that car on them.

This would cover the registered car for any driver, and you and your wife for any car you were in or driving.

47893[/snapback]

That is the way to do it but you won't be given 3 cards,just one each for you and your wife. Each card will have the number of the registered vehicle, the indivuals name and will state personal cover. Personal cover can be applied as an extra to all levels of breakdown cover.

Frank

That must be it. The operative word on my card is "Personal" meaning I am covered in any car. I remember the old NU rider policy for bikes. Had one for many a year. That has settled my concerns. Thanks all

Frank, we were sent 3 cards, one for the registered car and one each for my husband and myself to carry. Our daughter also drives the registered car, if there was no card in it she ( or anyone else who was driving it ) would not have the necessary information to call for assistance. And as the Green Flag website says "your car is covered no matter who's driving".

We are now in our 3rd year with Mayday and have always had 3 cards.

Hi Jenni,

They have been short changing me for years. :(

Seriously though I believe you can ask for more family cards.

As I posted earlier I have had this level of cover certainly since the mid 80s and have always had only 2 cards. As we only have 2 drivers it is not a problem. :)

Merry Christmas,

Frank

Archived