Sign in to follow this  
Zog

So, What's Your Latest Or Best Gadget Purchase?

Under floor heating. Getting the 'van ready for winter use. Fitted it to our previous 'van and was so impressed I've fitted it to our new one. Our 'van became the social centre on our winter rallies.

A 1. 5 liter slow cooker rated at 120watts for £6. 99

If the sun shines and the wind blows (battery charging) it will be fine for use on the inverter.

Cook the food to correct heat and then leave it to tick over.

2 x folding dual suspension mountain bikes (excellent condition) £110 for the pair, MASSIVE roofbox £40, both from local classified ads :D (dont ask about the roofbars, thats in a different thread on here :angry: )

Download from various manufacturers sites the manuels etc for everything in the van, then just use the Kindle app n a mac or PC to upload the PDF files. For some documents (CRiS etc) I just scanned them in and converted them to PDF files. Also done the vehicle insurance doc's, driving licences, passports, travel insurance, breakdown cover info, list of all my camera equipment and serial numbers so when we are abroad, we at least have copies that we can refer to if required.

Also copied all the PDF's to a memory stick. .. :D just in case!

FT

You can also email them to your kindle

. ..latest is the Easytune from Fringe Electronics. Makes tuning in to a signal a breeze!

. ..latest is the Easytune from Fringe Electronics. Makes tuning in to a signal a breeze!

Second that.

• Like 1

Twin tub 3. 5kg washing machine off amazon.

Incredibly fast and good!

A Solar powered MP3 player that has built in battery and attachments to charge the mobile phones we both have. (different types)

It also transmits on FM when not using headphones. Has a micro SD card slot for storage. (White case)

I connect it to Laptop and syc it to music and then use it in the van or the car to play via the radio.

Was available at £19 reduced to £12 and now reduced to £8 at Maplin. Sorry no link. ..........

A cheap wireless reversing camera from Maplin that I have extended the existing 2 mt 3 core cable from the camera on the rear of the van to the wireless transmitter so that I can now tuck it under the front bunk of the caravan so that the wireless distance to the receiver monitor in the car is less. Works a treat.

I heartily recommend one of these if you use any tech in the caravan. plug this into your caravan's built in stereo and you can output the sound from any tablet, or Bluetooth enabled device, through the speakers. Great if you're watching a movie and the sound of cooking is a little loud, or if you'd like your music a touch more ambient.

http://www. amazon. co. uk/gp/product/B004TKCFM8/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

LED mania. ....

A 5ft long LED external light, really stylish slim and sexy, surplus from Auto-Trail, instead of my poxy awning light. ..

LED strip all round under the lockers, warm light, remote control, dimmable, oh yes and it will do lightstrobe patterns to mystify my neighbours if we ever go onto a CC site!

Remote control stereo. ...

LED pool light under the door for dark nights. ...

A super-duper 80w solar panel set up. ..

It's all go!

I love the idea of an LED striplight going all the way round the top of the caravan. When activated by RF remote control, it strobes round the van like blackpool tower (or KITT, if anyone remembers Knight Rider).

Better than a flag and works at night!