Sign in to follow this  
Zog

So, What's Your Latest Or Best Gadget Purchase?

Overriding my first post. The best purchase now has to be an 8" thick Double 4'6" memory foam mattress. Perfect fit where we make up the rear dinette.

Ipad and Dongle

Been thinking about a 3G iPad, how does the dongle work with an iPad??

an umbrella for this fantastic weather lol

Guest jks

Been thinking about a 3G iPad, how does the dongle work with an iPad??

No problem. Get the huwaei one from eBay. We can use two iPads on it. Don't bother with the 3G iPad as you have to pay £100 extra.

Just been looking through these comments and I feel the my most exciting gagits may appear a bit insignificant but they are revolutionary to a Newbie family of 4 + Basil the Springer Spaniel.

Light Weight camping towels €2. 50 from Lidl/Aldi - they dry all your wet bit regardless of your size, and dry out themselves when hung up in the awning in an hour on dull day!

And the little triangular two way spirit level, €1. 20 on eBay, mounted by the jockey wheel. It just makes life easy.

Latest purchase is a second hand Powertouch mover. The latest gadget, if that's what you can call it is the smallest slow cooker I have ever seen. Just enough for two and makesa superb lamb casserole :D and only £8 ish from wIlkinson's. I have Kobo e reader and SWMBO has a kindle. Both have smart phones and just got an 8 gig flash for the tunage through the tv.

Edited by Paul1965

No problem. Get the huwaei one from eBay. We can use two iPads on it. Don't bother with the 3G iPad as you have to pay £100 extra.

I just tether my iPhone to it. Works wonders. Saves buying a dongle

Am thinking about a Google Nexus 7

http://www. techradar. ..le-fire-1087851

I have ordered a 16 Gb one, whilst it is nowhere near the iPad for size or features it is still getting rave reviews as giving you more per £ than the iPad.

I've been a lifelong Blackberry fan but I just found out yesterday that the company I work for is switching to iphone's! Just worried I may struggle to tap out emails without proper keys? Anyway, surely they would be best to wait for the iphone 5? Anyone know it's release date?

My iPhone contract doesn't allow tethering otherwise that would be the way to go. Was a bit confused by the use of a dongle as to me a dongle is a USB type plug in rather than a MiFi widget, but I think MiFi is the way to do it.

Most recent gadget is a Milenco leveller, one of the ones that lifts the wheel. Last time out the pitch was perfectly flat!!

Guest jks

That's fine if your iPhone works when on site. Mine often doesn't and we both have IPads so a dongle will run both.

Weber Q100 in a sale, the easiest BBQ to clean

Kindle, brilliant as I have a big appetite for books but nowhere to put 'em

Royal StormStraps set of 3 (non ratchet)

3 bottles Shiraz ASDA full bodied £4. 48 ea. surprisingly good for caravanning.

3 bottles Shiraz ASDA full bodied £4. 48 ea. surprisingly good for caravanning.

:D:P:goodpost:

http://www. amazon. co. ..41256903&sr=8-1

But at an even lower price than this. ........ Does a great job even on the caravan windows. (plenty of water.)

Inside or out.

A mist spray inside of course.

I want one of these now!

My last purchase for the caravan was a rear view camera fitted at floor level on the tail end. Gives a great rear view picture on the dashboard mounted monitor

3G iPad and a speaker stand for us is our best multi-use toy. Use the kindle app for books, manuals, etc. Newsstand for the daily paper while away. Watch films and TV programmes on it in the evening hooked to the speakers, and use it to listen to the radio on TuneIn via 3G during the day, again hooked to the speakers. And as we have two of them we use them for head to head games like scrabble, setting an iPhone up as a wifi network in the 'van. Don't think we've bought any other gadgets as such. Must be slacking :)

(Sat in the caravan on a wet weekend last week, looking out on a grey miserable day listening to Voice of Grenada for some Caribbean sun - now that is getting desperate! :) )

Edited by Shirker

Google Nexus tablet. Screen is so crystal clear and nice handy size for reading and also to carry around when walking using digital maps. Also vey light weight. I know some have moaned since receiving theirs but I have no complaints, build quality seems fine and I like the new Android 'Jelly Bean' operating system. I have a Kindle Reader for books which is one of the best things I have bought but its nice to see colour pictures when reading on the Nexus.

I've been a lifelong Blackberry fan but I just found out yesterday that the company I work for is switching to iphone's! Just worried I may struggle to tap out emails without proper keys? Anyway, surely they would be best to wait for the iphone 5? Anyone know it's release date?

reported to be 12th September with a date of 21st September in the shops.

4" screen - new Dock Connector - 4" screen dont appeal - nor does the new dock. ...

We LOVE our Glomex Dome on the motorhome. - So, SO simple.

SilverScreen windscreen cover is fab for winter and summer use.

MiFi will allow upto 5 connections - Vodafone used to do a PAYG Sim with NO expiry - we have one - £15 last's us a year.

Reversing Camera and real sat-nav - in our case a Pioneer HD3-BT (both left over from previous car)

Mine is a Nexus 7. Smashing bit of kit.

The wife's is a egg poacher!