Sign in to follow this  
Zog

So, What's Your Latest Or Best Gadget Purchase?

Latest is a small hover mower to keep the seasonal tidy to stop the tractor mower getting so close to the awning.

Best by far is the Andrew James electric multicooker, followed closely by the Cadac Patio Bbq.

http://www. amazon. co. ..41256903&sr=8-1

But at an even lower price than this. ........ Does a great job even on the caravan windows. (plenty of water.)

Inside or out.

A mist spray inside of course.

That's great, where is the cheapest place LHD?

Mine was from Makro. Supplied by a friend in business.

I must be strange. Nothing at all! Well bought the floor covering stuff I suppose.

Cadac, and a mifi, could do with a big 4x4 to get me off this muddy dump if anyones got one going :D

Think I've haemorrhaged enough money on nice things for the van (dyson, iPad, mover etc). Had to draw the line this year, but and this is the worst part, someone always has something you want. Yes, lefthanddown it's you this time!!!!!

Edited by milkymarsh

Think I've haemorrhaged enough money on nice things for the van (dyson, iPad, mover etc). Had to draw the line this year, but and this is the worst part, someone always has something you want. Yes, lefthanddown it's you this time!!!!!

It's only Money. :P A very versatile tool. Only concern is will the rubber blade wear out? It says on the paperwork use only when wet to give lubrication so I expect it is safe to assume it should last if used properly . . :)

We are still kitting ours out so every little purchase is exciting and new.

We dont have a cooker, so am looking forward to using the halogen oven. . Andrew James electric multicooker as someone posted above. .

Going to go outdoors tonight to get kettle, toaster and probably loads of other little knick knacks. . I also bought a couple of those flat coax cables for when i put the new lcd tv in there as well. .

O. M. G Im so excited.

We dont have a cooker, so am looking forward to using the halogen oven. . Andrew James electric multicooker as someone posted above. .

O. M. G Im so excited.

This is a small version and I use one myself.

http://www. amazon. co. ..e/dp/B004DR1X0M

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/gallery/image/4101-the-small-halogen-cooker/

iPhone 4S. ... just converting Mrs Tog over from the dark side using a Crackberry to an iPhone :P

FT

PS. .. and she loves her Kindle ! (and I've put all the caravan handbooks & manuals on it too!)

PS. .. and she loves her Kindle ! (and I've put all the caravan handbooks & manuals on it too!)

How did you do that? Sounds like a good idea.

Download from various manufacturers sites the manuels etc for everything in the van, then just use the Kindle app n a mac or PC to upload the PDF files. For some documents (CRiS etc) I just scanned them in and converted them to PDF files. Also done the vehicle insurance doc's, driving licences, passports, travel insurance, breakdown cover info, list of all my camera equipment and serial numbers so when we are abroad, we at least have copies that we can refer to if required.

Also copied all the PDF's to a memory stick. .. :D just in case!

FT

• Like 1

I put mine on an SD card and plug it in my Ereader. Not sure if the Kindle is the same.

Also copied all the PDF's to a memory stick. .. :D just in case!

FT

Got some really natty trouser string going spare, don't think it would clash with your belt or your braces. ;)

Got some really natty trouser string going spare, don't think it would clash with your belt or your braces. ;)

Flying in Russia, Mongolia, Kazakstan, Siberia. .... you learn very quickly to have belt, braces, spare string - pre cut to waste length, a gadget on your leather-man tool for making holes in straps for repairing belts and 100 foot of good quality elastic. :D:blink::P .

You also find that a totally meaningless rubber stamp that says gibberish can open doors. ... they stamp your paperwork. .. so you stamp theirs and that impresses the heck out of them and it means you must be someone important to have your own rubber stamp. I kid you not. :ph34r:

FT

Xoom Tablet, great for catching up with email, researching etc, 3g so dont need expensive CC access

We are still kitting ours out so every little purchase is exciting and new.

Going to go outdoors tonight to get kettle, toaster and probably loads of other little knick knacks. . I also bought a couple of those flat coax cables for when i put the new lcd tv in there as well. .

O. M. G Im so excited.

Go to tesco's and buy a cheap kettle and toaster as the low wattage ones take ages

I'm never sure what justifies "gadget" . ................... usually something you could live without until you spotted it on sale, and could probably still live without it if you hadn't bought it!!

To that end, my Kindle is not a gadget but is far and away my best unecessary expense in the last couple of years. I never go anywhere without it and I can even while away a journey with good story, which, for some reason I couldn't do with a book. I could only manage about 20 minutes reading before my eyes started to close.

I'd also thought about putting all the documentation on the Kindle but I've decided as it is small enough to lose (heaven forbid) I'll stick with Sky Drive.

Other non-gadget, the Remoska oven. It gets plenty of use at home, and in the past has had plenty of use away too but now that we have a caravan with a proper oven in it, I'm not sure that it will be doing that much travelling any more.

• Like 1