What are the main credentials of a caravan dealer for you?

Service centre? Long established business with a wealth of industry knowledge? Polite and efficient? Fantastic Aftersales care? Deals & offers? Location?

Jot down your top 3 points that matter the most to you! :)

Broad Lane Leisure

Making outdoors a pleasure since 1971

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

1) not trying to push more expensive stuff then you were looking at.

2) not talking !*%t to try and baffle you.

3) being polite and remembering whose in charge.

X-trail and our wonderful Coachman Amara 450/2 Bailey Senator Wyoming palace!

Always keeps you informed.

A workshop that does a job once and it is done right, so you don't have to take it back.

Rings you back when he says he will

Regards
Terry Birch
The tourer days are over, we now have an Hobby D500 GESC.

My 3 foremost personal criteria are:-

1). A well presented place of business that has clearly not just arrived.

2). The recommendation of others (before I even go near).

3). The work that was given as a trial run is done as expected and quoted accurately.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Friendliness, knowledge of product, care about their customers.

Fortunately we have found it!

2018 Swift Elegance 580  towed by a 2018 Volvo XC60 D5 Power Pulse R Design

When buying - a dealer who takes you seriously and gives you their best price initially - I don't have time to play dealers off against each other. Then aftercare.

Landcruiser LC3 or Mercedes Vito - hauling Elddis Crusader Tempest

I'll let you know when I come across a decent one

Volvo XC60 Momentum Pro D4 pulling an Elddis Crusader Mistral

A dealer who you feel tells you the truth and is honest with you, friendly ebven when browsing. Does a good job on repairs & service and can deal with problems swiftly and efficiently.

I feel that mine ticks all those boxes from the MD to the sales & engineers. Always greated by name when | go in.

Coachman Pastiche tugged by Mazda CX-7, Wine supplied by Sainsburys & sunday Times wine Club.

Sensible pricing, not necessarily the cheapest (although that's a bonus).

Excellent after sales service (fix problems 1st time properly and keep me updated with progress)

Respect for the customer (don't treat us like idiots, we pay their wages)

That's what I want with anything I buy!

Regards, Jon.

VW Touareg 3. 0 Auto / Bailey Pegasus 2 Ancona / PowrTouch mover.

What makes a dealer the right one? Well, when it comes to buying, price probably, but then also factor in after sales etc and servicing.

In respect of the latter, I am still saddened at losing Discover York who I found absolutely top dollar, even though I did not purchase my van from them.

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Prices

Friendliness

Workmanship

Good Customer Service

:D

Vauxhall Insignia 2. 0 CDTi SRi NAV Estate

towing a

Lunar Clubman SI 2011

Always been very happy with my dealer over the years but on my last purchase have needed warranty work and that is where I became unhappy with after care on problems that should have been spotted at the service prior to handover to me.

If you never need after care you will never know how a dealer performs.

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

Always been very happy with my dealer over the years but on my last purchase have needed warranty work and that is where I became unhappy with after care on problems that should have been spotted at the service prior to handover to me.

If you never need after care you will never know how a dealer performs.

Spot on David, the sales manager who sold me my van could not do enough for me when I was purchasing my van. telling me to phone him anytime if I had a problem or questions. Even giving myself his mobile to ring him at anytime . Well I have a big problem. contacted him silence put me on hold, next thing I know I am speaking to someone from the shop who put me through to the service department. It was quite amusing really as my wife and myself had to go to the dealers through all of the messing around I had received from them. i spotted the sales manager in question walking towards me, on seeing myself he did a 180 degree u turn like he was on a railway track and started hiding between some vans that was on sale. They are quick enough to take your money but when there is a major problem did not want to know. So I will be taking my business else where next time.