Saab Tow Car (convertible)

TD4 Sport

Hello. ..again,

I'm loking at all sorts, have to say the new scubby i is2. 5 Estate high on my list but I do miss the top down driving. ..

I understand you CAN fit a towbar to a Saab 9-3 Cab and the one I'm looking at is a Aero 2. 0T.

Would this one be ok towing an Elddis Avante 362 ?

My list of cars it getting shorter by the day. ...

Probably keep my freelander over winter, as apart from the useless heating it feels nice and safe on these roads at the moment. ..

Cheers in advance.

Scott

Have seeen lots of 9-3 cabs with towbars, only seen one towing, which i think was a Bailey Pagent Bordaux.

Nice car though, Aero very quick.

We had a 97 900s convertible. It was an excellent tow car with bags of power and very stable. Only downfall was that they have very little boot space and we had two kids (one a baby) so we traded it in for an Audi A6, which was an outstanding car.

Thanks,

Boot space should be fine, there is only the two of us (even with the roof down. .its not too bad, but its all relative) :) we can always use the rear seats for stuff. .

Having been for 2 week camping holidays in Europe with a MX5 then a Z3, we are pretty use to limited space (this freelander I have now is huge. ....will miss that when I'm at DIY shops. ..and the bikes)

OOh well, choices choices. .....

Cheers

Scott

In March I bought my second saab 93 convertable I find it a great tow car lots of power and very stable.

You do get some funny looks when you pull into a site with the top down and a van in tow.

Great for a not so young couple.