Permanent Double?

ricpop

We've now had the van for about 6 months, time to asess its good points, and bad. One of the things we've decided to do is have the double bed in the 'made up' possition whilst touring to save making the bed every night which the wife finds a bit of a pain :rolleyes: As we can sit out in the awning and there is a dining area at the rear of the van we thought it would be the easy option - does anyone else do this and am I missing something that makes it not a wise thing to do?

We've now had the van for about 6 months, time to asess its good points, and bad. One of the things we've decided to do is have the double bed in the 'made up' possition whilst touring to save making the bed every night which the wife finds a bit of a pain :rolleyes: As we can sit out in the awning and there is a dining area at the rear of the van we thought it would be the easy option - does anyone else do this and am I missing something that makes it not a wise thing to do?

4141[/snapback]

I have several friends who do just that - and it works well for them !! I am not sure if there is any reason that it wouldnt be a wise thing to do - I am sure the technically minded on the board will help on that one - but it seems to me its a good idea if you dont want to go to the trouble of changing the van for a fixed bed model

Margaret

Margaret

I don't do technical !!!

Just me and my showdogs!!

The only reason we changed from our 2 berth to our 4 berth with a fixed bed was because we got so fed up of having to make the bed every night. Had we been able to leave the bed up we would not have changed.

Pete.

I agree it is down to preferance, it was the fixed bed that got us back into touring just due to the fact the wife was fed up of going on holiday with a misserable grouch at bed time (She says she can cope the with it the other 23 hours a day)

Whe have a Bailey Peageant Vendee which has a fixed be at the rear. Our reason for it was to save time in making up the bed. I has standard matress and supports so gives a good nights sleep.

My partner can alos retire to be and close of the bedroom, but I can continue to use the rest of the van and toilet without disturbing her.

Regards

Trevor

In our old Lynton, once the kids had divorced us, we kept the rear double dinette made up as the double bed . . had one big advantage over fixed bed . . when we had visitors in, it could be turned back to seats and a table . . layout of the current van doesnt lend itself to it except when travel all day and just overnight stopsi

Always leave our double dinette made up, always have done, even back in the 1970's. No one has pointed out that it is there if you need to stretch out en-route.

During a hot summer we drive in the a. m. pull-up for a rest mid-day, and carry on in the cool of the evening, refreshed. Now that's what caravanning is all about. :lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

The only problem I have come accross with permanently made up beds was dampness/condensation. If underneath the bed is slats rather than full board it won't be a problem.

Archived