Buying On Line

RogerN

Hello

Do you mean a new car or second hand?

No way would I buy second hand without seeing the car first and getting it checked out.

As for new, should be fine as long as a reputable garage? depends on deposits etc?

If its from abroad even better, Back in 2003 I imported a BMW Z3 saving 6K, never spoke to the dealer until I arrived to collect the car, it was all done via e-mail and I must have changed the spec 10 times, kepy adding bits. .. :o)

Cheers

This is for a new car and there are some Web outlets (not garages/franchised dealers) offering some fairly good deals on UK spec cars. They advertise in Auto Trader.

What I am concerned with is, are they too good to be true?

I don't mind a deposit but no way will I part with any more until I have the car.

Roger

I am looking to buy a new towcar and have seen some good offers on the web.

Has anyone done this and if so what are the problems/ pitfalls?

Thanks

Roger

45240[/snapback]

Roger,

What sort of site are you looking at? E-bay auction type sites, auto trader, car supermarkets?

I know people who have bought cars of E-Bay successfully for a good price. ..

Gaz

Hi Roger,

Guess its the Car supermarket type places, in which case they should be fine. I use to pass one (motopoint) I think it was on the way to Leeds, all sorts of cars

Only thing is to check if its claiming to be a uk car and full uk spec check the actual spec, and that the warranty is the same, check the insurance as they can put a bit on (sometimes an import doesn't have the same alarm as standard)

If its an import thats fine, but it will be worth less when you sell it (Never understand it, my BM was an Import. ...isn't everyone !!!), but if you have paid less anyway it doesn't matter :o) Like or like yours will be cheaper when you sell it anyway :0)

Sounds like you will get a good deal, as a family we have ordered a few cars from europe and saved a small fortune (minis, bm's, mercs), now these type of companies are around it takes the paperwork / 'scare' out of it but still gives a good saving.

Just check the specs, like for like and warranty and then smile as you have paid a lot less :o)

What is it your looking at?

Cheers

The safest method to buy on-line is to use a broker. Eg: www. brokers4cars. co. uk or www. drivethedeal. com They give you a discounted price, put you in touch with a franchised dealer and you deal directly with the dealer. If you want to try it on, get the price, then go to your local dealer and ask them to match it. I've had it work. Also, several of my fellow forum members have bought through E-bay, and my own vehicle has just sold on the auction.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com