Nissan X Trail Tow Bar

mark70

Shortly to change my car to the X Trail.

In terms of the tow bar any advise on whether to get the flange type or swan neck for use with a Winterhoff hitch. I currently use a Al-Ko ball to give the winteroff extra space and will a swna neck giev me a simular spacing

Thanks

Mark

Mark

I have a regular Witter towbar on my X with an AlKo hitch ball. I can't see that the Winterhoff would be much different from my AlKo hitch. One advantage of the swan neck towbar is that the towball suits all hitches.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Mark

I have a regular Witter towbar on my X with an AlKo hitch ball. I can't see that the Winterhoff would be much different from my AlKo hitch. One advantage of the swan neck towbar is that the towball suits all hitches.

David

44926[/snapback]

David

Thanks for that. Does your X trail have the birdseye sat nav and if so is it any good? Mine will have it fitted but as yet I have not seen it working?

Mark

Mark

No I don't have the Sat Nav. I have used my son's Garmin Street Pilot which seems to work OK. My X is 18 months old and when I got mine there not so many special offers around. Never quite sure why built in Sat Navs are so expensive as even the top of the range TT GO is half the price but then if its built into the price of the car!

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

I have a Brink detachable swan neck on my X-Trail. It s suitable for all types of hitch. I think it looks a lot neater when not towing to have it removed and the blanking gadget fitted. I also have the 'Birdview' sat nav fitted which seems to be o. k. It's the first one I've had so can't compare it with others. One downside is that you can't enter postcodes as destinations. If the place hasn't got a postal address then you just have to plot somewhere near. it also tends to get a bit mixed up at some roundabouts i. e. the voice instruction sometimes says 'Take the first exit' when the map shows second or third exit. Having said that I haven't got lost yet since using it, and I'd much prefer to use it than go back to map reading basics.

Mark

David

44926[/snapback]

I have an 05 X-trail with Birdview which I use frequently. Couple of points however

1) Correct - no postcode input, but has address+phone no.

2) Although the dvd covers Uk & Europe - Ireland is not covered!

3) Doesn't appear to have traffic warnings

4)DVD supplied is about 3-4 years old and cannot be updated

5)no way of inputting that you're towing a caravan so might lead you down some

interesting lanes

Having said that - wouldn't be without satnav now

• 2 weeks later...
I have an 05 X-trail with Birdview which I use frequently. Couple of points however

1) Correct - no postcode input, but has address+phone no.

2) Although the dvd covers Uk & Europe - Ireland is not covered!

3) Doesn't appear to have traffic warnings

4)DVD supplied is about 3-4 years old and cannot be updated

5)no way of inputting that you're towing a caravan so might lead you down some

interesting lanes

Having said that - wouldn't be without satnav now

45191[/snapback]

All (or most) dont really map northern ireland although there adds say full UK coverage. Maybe NI isnt part of the UK anymore?

What you do get is good mapping of Belfast and suburbs and the main routes between major towns/cities (londonderry,omagh,armagh, coleraine, newry etc).

I have been using a Navman icn520 today. Pile of pooh. Much prefer tomtom Navigator5 on my PDA. the ICN is so so slow and hard to use compared to the TT stuff

Steve