Fridge Vent Covers

Gasman1

I have recently taken delivery of a new Swift caravan and now that the colder weather is coming I looked for the two vent covers which have always come with the caravan. It would appear they are now listed as an extra even though the hand book tells you to fit in bad weather and when laying up for the winter. The cover for the water heater is with the van as usual.

Has anyone tried to buy these vent covers yet. I am in the process and will keep you informed.

Mike.

I would contact Swift as some models within their range should have them supplied as standard. The higher the model specification the more likely that they would be supplied. Whether they are supplied by Electrolux/Domestic with their refridgerators,I don't know,or is yours a Thetford.

When I checked for our Europa the answer was not standard with that model.

O'Learys do them for £16. 95 and Waudbys about £18, for the Elect./Dom that is.

Frank

Swift don't supply fridge covers to any of their group. You have to buy seperate.

As far as I know only Bailey supply them.

44816[/snapback]

Try this link http://www. caravantalk. org. uk/forums/index. ..?showtopic=6490

Hammers right, swift only supply some models of Bessacarr with the covers, i enquired when we bought our new van.

Paying £15 k plus one would expect a couple of vents :o

Parts can be ordered from Dometic or your Dealer but it seems very unfair when some makes of van come with the vents as standard. Somebodys saving alot of money and it's not us :angry:

Dave

We bought a new Sterling Europa a couple of months ago and it did not have the covers supplied either so we have ordered 2 from our local dealer costing I think about £12. 50 each. We did have a moan to our caravan dealer but the usual answer some caravans have them fitted and others don't.

• 3 weeks later...

I have at last got the two winter vent blanks for my van. I got them from Leisure Spares 01423 321108 for £19. 80 including carraige.

The Dometic Part No White 2906101, Cream 2906101-1.

The Leisure Part No White VS10160, Cream VS10161

When the Zeus type fasteners that hold the covers on, break or get lost, as they will,they are no longer available as a spare part from Electrolux/Domestic. This is according to Electrolux and my local dealer.

Electrolux suggested that this company, NL Services should be able to supply. They are on on 01772 696500. I haven't tried them myself as I managed to get 2 from Waudbys. The last two!

Frank