Somerset, Brean

TrickyT

Holiday Resort Unity

Just thought I would let you know about our latest trip away.

We dediced to go and visit the carnival that was going on in the Somerset area. Could not get in at Hurn Lane CC site so the only other place we that was suitable was Holiday Resourt Unity http://www. hru. co. uk/

We had booked a hardstanding with electrics. We did not expect the hardstanding to be concrete though. The standard practice was to park the van on the hardstanding and the awning went on the grass. We decided to position the van so that we could get both it and the awning on the hardstanding. With a bith of placement we managed to get it positioned to that we could peg 2 sides into the grass and used several house bricks that were available to secure the 3 side.

We arrived on Thursday 3rd November (my 35th!!) and departed on Tuesday 8th. 4 adults and 1 dog, Total £60 (whcih included £10 for the dog!!!)

There was only one downside to the stay and that was it rained, and when I say it rained I mean it rained. Luckily this was only on Sunday, we had some rain on other days but not like Sunday

The following pictures how how much we had. There is about 1" of water inside the awning. Sorry about the size of the photos, but it's the only way to see it in detail.

100_2938.JPG

100_2944.JPG

We had to get hold of maintenance who arrived with a submersible pump to pump the water away. Took them about 20 minutes. I appears that the hardstanding we had was not levelled correctly. The others next to us were above the grass level and curved away. Ours was belof the grass level with no curve.

Luckily we managed to move everything that would get damaged if it got wet when we realised there was going to be a problem.

This did not spoil our holiday.

If you ever get the chance go and visit the Carnival, wether it be a Bridgwater, Burnham etc. It is an excellent experience, took over 2 hours for the 90+ floats to go by us. There was also a free firework show on Burnham sea front on the 6th Novemebr lasting for around 25 minutes.

Regards

Trevor

Trevor

It looks awful. Would you believe we had a similar experience in the South of France earlier in the year at a campsite in Salon de Provence.

Just a point about the picture size. I appreciate what you say about the detail but the trouble with pictures that are too large is that the text is stretched beyond the width of the viewing screen which requires you to scroll across. A slightly smaller picture might resolve that. An alternative might be to post them as thumbnails where the size of the original picture makes no difference to the text.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Just thought I would let you know about our latest trip away.

We dediced to go and visit the carnival that was going on in the Somerset area.

We also went but stayed at Hurn Lane CC Site.

The torrential rain of Sunday morning floooded

a lot of the hard stands there too. And they were

the gravel type.

Agree with what you said about carnival, we go every year. :D

Apologies, I thought I had posted the pictures that I had reduced down from the originals, but in my rust reduced them and then posted the originals. As sorted now.

Here is an example of one of the carnival floats

100_2961.jpg

Trevor