Fleetwood Colchester

hynod

I've just bought a Fleetwood Colchester 500EB 2001. The layout sold itself to us. The van itself is in very good condition, but is it likely to stay that way?

I've seen some reports saying that Fleetwood are good quality, and then the Caravan Club owners survey only rate them as average.

What are your opinions/experiences with Fleetwood caravans?

Thanks

:D Our experience is that we just LUUUURRRVVV our Fleetwood. The layout in ours sold it to us the first time we stepped inside. The build quality seems ok so far, but we did notice the 'finish' in some places is a little shoddy. We have had no problems (touch wood) in two years, except a niggly water problem that wasn't to do with Fleetwood itself. I would definitely buy another if only I was that rich, cos by gum they don't halfcost a lot!

I would certainly recommend Fleetwood.

Edited by Janet

• 2 weeks later...

We had a fleetwood colchester. we bought it 3 years ago when it was 9 years old. we spent about £500 doing it up and part exchanged it in july this year. The dealer sold it within a week and said it was one of the best second hand vans (of that age) that he had ever seen. regular maintenance and it will last you for years.

mikey :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

:mellow:

:D Our experience is that we just LUUUURRRVVV our Fleetwood. The layout in ours sold it to us the first time we stepped inside. The build quality seems ok so far, but we did notice the 'finish' in some places is a little shoddy. We have had no problems (touch wood) in two years, except a niggly water problem that wasn't to do with Fleetwood itself. I would definitely buy another if only I was that rich, cos by gum they don't halfcost a lot!

I would certainly recommend Fleetwood.

Hi, i am a fleetwood colchester 500ek owner my self & have a niggling water problem, under rear single bunk seat/table. ....

please share youre experience . .

Hi ours was that the water pressure had dropped considerably and wasn't flowing, but it was all sorted out and is now fine. I do think that there is a kink in the pipework somewhere, but as it's working ok at present haven't had to fiddle any more.

Currently we have a small crack in the front bodywork, just under the locker which is being fixed as we speak but basically I still love our van and will probably keep it cos I love the layout and a newer model is far too expensive.

How do you find yours?

My Parents have had three Fleetwood's over the years and rated them all very highly. They have only recently changed to an Abbey, and that was only because my Mum fell in love with the soft furnishings. ..........well it is, if you listen to my Dad, anyway!!! :D

I am sure yours will be just fine.

Martin

2011 S Max Titanium Powershift

2011 Citroen C3 Picasso Exclusive

2011 Swift Conqueror 570 Special Equipment

'If I'd Been Born Thirty Years Later They Would Call It ADHD'

you can join the owners club and go on the factory visit in march and see how your van is made

all the best with your Fleetwood

mel

www. fleetwood-owners-club. co. uk

Edited by mel1

• 4 months later...

Our first caravan with all the mod cons was a Fleetwood Cavalier, we had it after owning an old Piper and loved the luxury that the Fleetwood offered it was an 89 model but always stood well when we took it away, we now have an Avondale but still look back on our times in the Feetwood as happy times!