Delta 640 Ew

Guest del

Thinking of changing our 2001 Lexon EB for a 2004 Delta EW. Currently we tow with a fronterra 2. 2DTI Sport which weighs in at !850 kg and tows our lexon EB (1330kg) efforetsly and very stable. was wondering if anyone has a delta 640EW and if so what is the towing characteristics and how do you find the van. I notice that the delta has a built in water tank, how is this filled?

replies will be welcomed.

I know that you will have many replies on this topic, but I could not help putting my oar in. We have a Delta 520/2 with an on-board tank; the usual method of filling it is to fill the Aquaroll at the tap, then use the external pump to swap the water into the tank.

A few months ago I bought a flat hose on a reel, about 50 feet long. Since then, I have always been lucky, and close enough to the tap, to fill the tank in one go.

I am aware that this is not food quality hose but we use tank water for washing only, a Brita filter, filled at the tap, suffices for potable water.

Hope that this helps and good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

We have been the 'Unfortunate' owners of two Lunar Delta 520/2's and would not have another one given to us if they were being given free with cornflakes. We have many problems, mainly with our 2004 model which included the onboard tank leaking, pump failing, dampness, window falling out the door, delamination etc etc etc.

I understand that the Lexon is a better quality van and it does not have the disadvantage of having an on board tank!

H DeeDay

We have a 2004 Lexon ES it's a great van we love it no problems at all the layout is superb and you don't have to walk through the shower to get to the loo which is a layout problem we have noticed in some of the other vans with the fixed bed single axle layout, as you obviously know it's quite a bit more expensive than some others in it's class but we feel we got what we paid for, this is our 3rd Lunar to date and the only time we have ever had a problem was with our previous van which was a LX2000L our shower base got a crack in it is was changed immediately by the dealer without any hastle and covered by our warranty

we can definately fly the flag for Lunar

Regads Sue :)