Urgent - Repairing A Van

AnneR

Hi thanks to the two people who replied to my question a few weeks ago on repairing a damp van and also the link showing exactly what to do. As I explained before the damp is at the front and round the middle window. It is getting worse!!!! I have tried resealing but its not worked. So I was thinking about using the link as the guy explains how to take the window out and reseal it. would someone mind looking at this site and telling me how difficult they think it would be to do this job. I am hopeless at DIY but have a friend who is really good. I was wondering if he would be able to do it. Would you have to be a qualified joiner? My husband is hopeless but would be willing to help. I don't want to pay thousands to have it fixed as its quite old and if I got another two or three years out of it I would be quite happy. Anne

Hi thanks to the two people who replied to my question a few weeks ago on repairing a damp van and also the link showing exactly what to do.   As I explained before the damp is at the front and round the middle window.   It is getting worse!!!! I have tried resealing but its not worked.   So I was thinking about using the link as the guy explains how to take the window out and reseal it.   would someone mind looking at this site and telling me how difficult they think it would be to do this job.   I am hopeless at DIY but have a friend who is really good.   I was wondering if he would be able to do it.   Would you have to be a qualified joiner?  My husband is hopeless but would be willing to help.   I don't want to pay thousands to have it fixed as its quite old and if I got another two or three years out of it I would be quite happy.   Anne

44617[/snapback]

Hi Anne

try this link its about a guy that repaired his damp van including removing the windows. There is also some links to other owners that a renovated vans.

http://www. alanparkers. dsl. pipex. com/

Most of the van body structure is joinery based timber and Alloy sheets

Regards

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
Hi thanks to the two people who replied to my question a few weeks ago on repairing a damp van and also the link showing exactly what to do.   As I explained before the damp is at the front and round the middle window.   It is getting worse!!!! I have tried resealing but its not worked.   So I was thinking about using the link as the guy explains how to take the window out and reseal it.   would someone mind looking at this site and telling me how difficult they think it would be to do this job.   I am hopeless at DIY but have a friend who is really good.   I was wondering if he would be able to do it.   Would you have to be a qualified joiner?  My husband is hopeless but would be willing to help.   I don't want to pay thousands to have it fixed as its quite old and if I got another two or three years out of it I would be quite happy.   Anne

44617[/snapback]

Hi, Anne i don't know were your based i had my van recently re-sealed and two skylights re- installed (i provided the skylights) and it only cost 250. 00 pounds, it was done at Ambergate caravan service centre, in derbyshire, they were really quick as well .

• 1 month later...
Hi, Anne i don't know were your based i had my van recently re-sealed and two skylights re- installed (i provided the skylights) and it only cost 250. 00 pounds, it was done at Ambergate caravan service centre, in derbyshire, they were really quick as well .

46267[/snapback]

Archived