Sign in to follow this  
loyaroshan

Current And Future Potential Technologies In A Caravan

I would think that a good foot of polystyrene insulation in the floors would be a winner B)

This would let the van float that bit higher in our summer weather

Caravan dish washer would be good.

Already got one :)

& she pours me a drink now & then :wub:

if she reads this though I'll be in the dog house :ph34r:

Already got one :)

& she pours me a drink now & then :wub:

if she reads this though I'll be in the dog house :ph34r:

Yeah we have a similer one of those. Unfortunately. ..I am it. :rolleyes:

• Built in awning
  • All LED
  • Easy spare wheel access
  • Built in mover
  • Solar panel roof
  • Underfloor heating

Transparent solar cells covering the entire roof surface and it is based on organic dyes embedded in a sandwich roof. The transparent dyes of the solar cells are light-activated. Even in diffused light and poor light conditions they generate enough energy to power the multimedia components and the three fans that assist with climate management in the vehicle interior. If the vehicle is standing in the sun the ventilation is permanently operated by the help of these solar cells and keep vehicle cool.

Put photovoltaic cells in the roof of the van, charges the battery, reduce the need for EHU.

Edited by loyaroshan

Advanced Fuel Cell technology to provide off EHU power. Methanol for now i. e. EFOY Fuel Cell but Hydrogen in the future. Combined with full LED technology in lighting and TV etc (available now).

Lightweight electricity storage capacity instead of current generation of lead acid batteries.

As already said inbuilt solar capture in the roof and active satellite technology to reduce the size of dish required also on the roof with automatic tracking.

OR maybe get back to "basics" without any of this and go sit in a field and get back to nature like "the good old days" :)

Edited by Alan J

Advanced Fuel Cell technology to provide off EHU power. Methanol for now i. e. EFOY Fuel Cell but Hydrogen in the future. Combined with full LED technology in lighting and TV etc (available now).

Lightweight electricity storage capacity instead of current generation of lead acid batteries.

As already said inbuilt solar capture in the roof and active satellite technology to reduce the size of dish required also on the roof with automatic tracking.

OR maybe get back to "basics" without any of this and go sit in a field and get back to nature like "the good old days" :)

Or something along the lines of a solar powered large self sufficient mobile phone. ;) (including broadband connection) B)

Formed carbon fibre floor shaped to replace the Al-Ko chassis. Formed into the floor - a water tank and refillable LPG pressure cylinder.

The strength members for the sides and roof could be formed carbon fibre 'hoops" with a one piece GRP structure that formed the roof and sides dropped over the top.

The ability to 'mould in' to the roof solar cells and incorporate a cable entry point for people wishing to add tv or sat aerials on the roof.

Mould in to the rear a cable entry point for people wishing to add rear view cameras.

The spare wheel could be mounted into a slide out box under the entry door. ... the box could be a step to get into the caravan.

FT

How about some sort of wind generator on the roof that can be used while driving and directional to catch coastal wind Etc. Maybe in conjunction with a dynamo type device on the wheel hub and all going through some kind of control panel to run the fridge and charge the battery or whatever cell will be used in the future?

Formed carbon fibre floor shaped to replace the Al-Ko chassis. Formed into the floor - a water tank and refillable LPG pressure cylinder.

The strength members for the sides and roof could be formed carbon fibre 'hoops" with a one piece GRP structure that formed the roof and sides dropped over the top.

The ability to 'mould in' to the roof solar cells and incorporate a cable entry point for people wishing to add tv or sat aerials on the roof.

Mould in to the rear a cable entry point for people wishing to add rear view cameras.

The spare wheel could be mounted into a slide out box under the entry door. ... the box could be a step to get into the caravan.

FT

I agree with you as a composite or carbon fibre is the vast present and futuristic source of material used in various transportation designs. I visited with one of the bus company in Ireland, they use FRP (fiber reinforced plastics) materials to build the bus. FRP is an effective in the following way,

Ease of moulding.

​Light weight.

High strength to stiffness ratio.

Improved surface quality.

Good corrosion resistance.

On the other hand FRP materials are quite an expensive, difficult process and need high skill labour, difficult to repair.

Edited by loyaroshan

Absolutely agree, many new caravans are far too dependent on electric hookup for those of us who rally a lot and need a 'van that can be fully self sufficient.

Heating is a case in point, too many new 'vans rely on battery power to either circulate hot air heating or pump Alde liquid heating.

Caravans, up until this new fad, have, for years, had heaters that will operate on gas only making 1-2 week winter rallying without hook-up easily possible.

True, they usually have a blown air and mains electric option which is useful for the holiday or two on regular sites with hook-up, but they are not dependent on it.

Guest Inner State

Build movers directly into the hubs i. e. using motors as used on hybrids, build a silent generator into the caravan or preferably a fuel cell.

J

Build movers directly into the hubs i. e. using motors as used on hybrids, build a silent generator into the caravan or preferably a fuel cell.

J

With hybrids cars motor/generators in the caravan hubs could be used. When the hybrid car wants to accelerate, some power could be fed into the caravan's wheels to off set the additional mass. .... on braking, a regenerative system could be used slowing the caravan and potting energy back in to the battery pack.

There is a company already producing a small trailer that has additional battery capacity for small electric cars for the odd longer run away from charging points. ... this could be adapted to be used with the caravan. Additional motive batteries, charge while at home or on EHU to support towing by electric or hybrid cars.

FT

Edited by FlyingTog

Sign in to follow this