Sign in to follow this  
loyaroshan

Current And Future Potential Technologies In A Caravan

What are the current and future potential technologies can used in a Caravan ?

What a strange first question!

Been given the subject for a dissertation?

Future?

• Lightweight materials.
  • A sealant that does what it says on the tin.
  • Lightweight scratch-proof windows.

En-Route-Heating in the Van whilst traveling when Winter Touring . ............

GAS . ........... :angry: / Kyle

Does improved reliability & quality count as technology? Its sadly missing.

A remote control awning put up thingymajic! And a OH who doesn't tell you how to do things properly!

En-Route-Heating in the Van whilst traveling when Winter Touring . ............

GAS . ........... :angry: / Kyle

Our van has this as it is fitted with a special safety cut out valve - I know that it is debate-able as to the legalities in the UK - BUT I have never used it as the van heats up in minutes using GAS and Electric on the ALDE heating and providing the site EHU is up to it our AIR-CON unit can also blow hot air!

What are the current and future potential technologies can used in a Caravan ?

Better use of and improved LED lighting ie: dimmable.

Building caravans with better insulation and insulating external water pipes.

You asked this same question here: http://community. caravantimes. co. uk/forum/topics/current-and-future-potential-technologies-in-a-caravan

I have to ask, are you serious or a troll?

Future?

• Lightweight materials.
  • A sealant that does what it says on the tin.
  • Lightweight scratch-proof windows.

Thank you.

Thank you for comments. .Actually I am researching on this topic and as per my partial survey,digital camera fitted on the top roof,Television,DVD player,Mobile charger,digital satellite,portable room heater are some of the key fature for technological advancement in caravan.

Probably a controversial reply but: Keep it stupid simple. KISS.

I think we should consider reducing complexity and over use of technology in caravans why?

The more complex they get the more there is to go wrong, invariably on holiday in France or somewhere miles away from a dealer. With the increase in electronics and the like user repair on site too is increasingly more difficult.

The cost of repairs due to expensive replacement components. The initial costs of sophisticated equipment raises the prices of new vans. Many of the fittings of the past worked reasonably well and could be maintained relatively easily and cheaply in the middle of nowhere away from technical support.

The technology that should be given focus to is keeping the water out from the structure and avoiding rot.

I frequent the Caravan Times site. ... He/She posted 5 topics on there Sunday, as well as others over the last few months. ... So get ready for another few. ...

Edited by JanandJay

Probably a controversial reply but: Keep it stupid simple. KISS.

I think we should consider reducing complexity and over use of technology in caravans why?

The more complex they get the more there is to go wrong, invariably on holiday in France or somewhere miles away from a dealer. With the increase in electronics and the like user repair on site too is increasingly more difficult.

The cost of repairs due to expensive replacement components. The initial costs of sophisticated equipment raises the prices of new vans. Many of the fittings of the past worked reasonably well and could be maintained relatively easily and cheaply in the middle of nowhere away from technical support.

The technology that should be given focus to is keeping the water out from the structure and avoiding rot.

I sort of agree but from recent experience where our new fangeled aldi heating went on strike we found it was the ability to talk to our dealer via mobile phone and have them sitting 200 miles away in the identical van as ours and talk us though looking for the fault that saved us so I'm voting for and in built satellite communication system as my future addition

Edited by charliesmam

One of the biggest new technical advancements in the caravan world is LED . Not just for lights but LED TVs only use a fraction of the 12v power compared to 30 yrs ago when 12v tubed TVs only lasted a couple of hours due to the high amps they used and are far lighter. I bought a 12 inch Panasonic colour 12v set for my caravan in the early 80s and it was just under £500 (= about £2000 today) now less than £75.

Some new advancements are for the better .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Lightweight self levelling kit!

hello all, what about a prop shaft from the tow car to the caravan, so the caravan wheels are driven, mite give good stability, hope this helps

Hello Jan and Jay,

As a designer I am surveying on caravan and for that I am posted these topics on site. .but dont worry . .My research is stick to that 5 topics only.

I frequent the Caravan Times site. ... He/She posted 5 topics on there Sunday, as well as others over the last few months. ... So get ready for another few. ...

I have been in touch with him and his tutors, he is studying caravan design for a new project.

He is not-in your words an educated 'Designer'- he is a student trying to achieve a goal.

Regards.

Col

An oven that actually does what it's supposed to do, rather than just the top shelf only. ..

Further led technology, so a window could become a built in tv, or modularisation of areas as in the hotel building industry.

Check out the citizen m hotel chain and it's amazing what they put into an actually v small room, but because it's been designed that well it doesn't feel small (ie one remote for the tv, lights, curtains, alarm, tv, movies, iPod. The caravan industry would learn a lot if they just studied how the hotel industry builds their sites, ie bathrooms pre built, just a plug and play etc. Even the HUF HAUS designs are brilliant that could bring something new to the industry

Put photovoltaic cells in the roof of the van, charges the battery, reduce the need for EHU.

Put photovoltaic cells in the roof of the van, charges the battery, reduce the need for EHU.

they need to make them flexible and much lighter. A roof skin of solar cells is what dreams are made of

they need to make them flexible and much lighter. A roof skin of solar cells is what dreams are made of

Do you mean something like this?

Do you mean something like this?

Yes just like that but integrated into the skin rather than stuck on so it stays put, we don't want to watch it blow off the top of the van in the wind when the glue fails .

More like a flexable smoked glass roof with fantastic thermal properties

I like to dream big LOL

Edited by charliesmam

A forgot to add we already have glass you can change from clear to opaic with the flick of a switch so the need to shut out the light at night shouldn't be to much of a stretch .

Caravan dish washer would be good.

Sign in to follow this