Pyramid Pdq Awning

ChrisG

Just seen the Pyramid PDQ Porch Awning on their website. There's a video on there that claims it can be erected in 2 minutes. It uses steel poles not fibreglass like the Scenic et al and looks more like a traditional awning when erected. It seems to be made of the same materials as the scenic but when not in use hangs from a bag on the awning rail like a Fiamma canopy. Seems like a good idea to me and at £169 not that much more than a Scenic plus but with none of the drawbacks!

Awning

Pyramid Homepage

Just seen the Pyramid PDQ Porch Awning on their website. There's a video on there that claims it can be erected in 2 minutes.

44556[/snapback]

Just watched the video. The clock does run for 2 minutes but it's amazing how that chap gets from one end of the awning to the other, both inside and out in the blink of an eye. :rolleyes:

I have been discussing this (mostly with myself !!!) in the main Caravan forum (see here http://www. caravantalk. org. uk/forums/index. ..?showtopic=6547, saw it at the Excel caravan show, and it looks pretty good, sits in the awning rail permenantly, bit like a Fiama sun canopy, and erects with the use of 2 poles, 1 down the middle to the front, and one to the floor. .... Material looks like a standard tents outer coat like the suncanopy awnings. .., so should be pretty waterproof. ....

I want one. ... :D

MikeC

Looks quite good shame in some ways that I have just replaced the old scenic with a scenic plus which I find a lot better the little extra space really helps,

Only two draw backs it would have for me is that if it went away wet I wouldn’t be able to keep it at home and dry it like I can the scenic when the van goes back to the storage site also with having both a full awning and the porch how easy is it to thread in and out of the awning rail so unfortunately looking at that I think me personally am better with what I have got.

Regards

JON