Mains Electricity

ian

I have a 1985 Ace, That was happyly plugged into a 240v supply on my drive, when i returned to it the next day wishing to work inside, i found no power ?,The lead to the van is ok,but the rcds havent tripped but its all dead apart from the dim light on the fridge/distribushion board. .The battery is disconnected but it was the other day, All fuses are ok,and the sockets were working as it ran a hoover

any ideas please

Any number of things

Are you sure that there is power at the outlet you use for the van

Circuit breakers and RCD's can sometimes trip but not show it by the switch toggle moving to off position

switch off and then on RCD and MCBs to be sure they are reset correctly

Try unplugging and replugging both ends of the mains lead, possible dirty / high resistance pins on plug / socket will cause problems

check both plug and socket for loose / broken wires

UNPLUG FROM MAINS FIRST !!!!

Check inside distribution board for loose connections

After that I think you will need to traced throughout with test instruments

Got a friend who is a sparks ?

WHAT EVER YOU DO REMEMBER, ELECTRICITY WILL KILL

I have a 1985 Ace, That was happyly plugged into a 240v supply on my drive, when i returned to it the next day wishing to work inside, i found no power ?,The lead to the van is ok,but the rcds havent tripped but its all dead apart from the dim light on the fridge/distribushion board. .The battery is disconnected but it was the other day, All fuses are ok,and the sockets were working as it ran a hoover

any ideas please

44356[/snapback]

Hi

I agree with Sparks comments,

I worked on a van on holiday some months back, In the Zig unit all the connection where loose including the incoming mains. all connectons on the RCD and all the MCB connections. I could get a reading on the multi meter ( electrical test meter ) of 240 volt but as soon as a load / switched on caravan equipment nothing worked, remove the Zig unit from the van drilled out the case rivets tightened up all connections and then fitted case together.

It worked

Best of luck

Dave (retired sparks )

Hi

I agree with Sparks comments,

I worked on a van on holiday some months back, In the Zig unit all the connection where loose including the incoming mains. all connectons on the RCD and all the MCB connections. I could get a reading on the multi meter ( electrical test meter ) of 240 volt but as soon as a load / switched on caravan equipment  nothing worked, remove the Zig unit from the van drilled out the case rivets tightened up all connections and then fitted case together.

It worked

Best of luck

Dave (retired sparks )

44368[/snapback]

Thanks for the help, at least i,ve got something to try,It cant be that bad as its not tripped any thing? " Who said caravaning was relaxing" ta again.

Archived